Help Needed, please.

NewbieToPlcs

Hi All,

So as the name suggests, I'm new to this. I'm trying to up skill myself around work, an I'm hoping I can get some good advice from people on this site.

I have a Bradley Allen Micro 810 QBB. I cannot seem to find out what the deal is with the two +com0 to the left on the output side, and what the two -Com0 on the right hand side of the outputs are for?

Any help is much appreciated.

Typically, you can google the part # + wiring diagram. This one turns out to be more cryptic than usual. RA actually got a knowledge base article (everyone) on this:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/462065

"Note: When working with 2080-LC10-12QBB, the +CM0 and -CM0 are the power supply connections for controller outputs. They can be jumperd with +24DC and -24DC controller power supply or wired to external 10 - 24V DC power supply, depending on application requirements."

@harryting , I have had a look at the link, an I know this might sound stupid, but if I was to wire a basic input an output...

Would it be, input into top 1 an output onto bottom 1... without the need to use the bottom + and -com0?

Immediately prior to finalizing the wiring diagrams and terminal labels for the Micro 800 series controllers, the technical illustrators and product managers performed a usability study involving the ingestion of six 2-ounce glasses of tequila at three-minute intervals, and the dropping of a standard cinder block onto the top of the skull from a height of 500 mm.

The last three letters of a Micro 800 controller part number indicate Input Type, Output Type, and Power.

The 2080-LC10-12QBB has 12 total I/O. The inputs are DC Sinking (Q), the Outputs are DC Sourcing (B) and the Power is 12-24V DC (B).

The inputs are actually pretty flexible; the low four can be AC or DC (I think) and the high four can be discrete or analog.

To operate DC Sourcing outputs, you need both a +DC power source, and a DC Common reference.

On this controller, these are labeled "+CM0" and "-CM0". When an output is turned on by the controller, its terminal will present whatever voltage you applied to +CM0, relative to -CM0.

The "W" output controllers have relay contacts; that's why they have CM0, CM1, CM2, CM3. The "B" controllers have all four outputs using the same common terminals, so they have just the "CM0". Why it's not labeled "COM0" like the input common reference, I'm not sure. That may be an IEC thing.

The wiring diagram might be better with annotations and examples:

Micro_800_QBB.png

Immediately prior to finalizing the wiring diagrams and terminal labels for the Micro 800 series controllers, the technical illustrators and product managers performed a usability study involving the ingestion of six 2-ounce glasses of tequila at three-minute intervals, and the dropping of a standard cinder block onto the top of the skull from a height of 500 mm.
There, it all make sense now.

Look at the Mitsubishi FX range although not the same they do show how to wire all types of inputs/outputs only real difference is instead of +com - Com they have SS as the -com on the inputs (common of input supply) and do not have a -com on outputs and no idea why they have -com on a relay output
https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/plc_fx/jy992d66301/jy992d66301s.pdf

Nice one fella, thing is, on some plc the common can be either a - or a +.