Studio 5000

RHEX-Jeff

Lifetime Supporting Member
need a little help.
Just Purchased "Studio 5000 Full" version 33.00.02 I'm re-purposing a Compactlogix L30ER it was password protected, finally did a factory reset to default and tried to setup a new project in Studio 5k. the dropdown list starts at 5370ER goes up from there, the processor has a lower number that's not in dropdown list: "1769-L30ER/A Logix5330ER" revision 21.011
will the software even program this compactlogix ?

What you need to understand about Studio5000 is that there is no such thing as backwards compatibility. You must install every major revision of software for every major revision of firmware which you wish to support. you can install all* major revs on the same machine along side each other. (we won't worry about the asterisk for this conversation).

If you wanted to keep the firmware revision at v21, you would need to install Studio5000 v21.

Good news is, that controller supports up to v33 (and newer when they come out). So I would flash that controller up to v33.

Now, if you ever want to support older versions, you might want to bite the bullet right now and uninstall v33. See, you will have the most success installing the oldest version first. More good news, last I heard, your serial number will allow you to download all previous versions of Studio5000. Guess you just have to decide what is best for you.

Clear as mud?

Last edited:
Also to stir the mud up more........
I have Studio 5000 ver 32, I had a customer with a problem on ver 17 (RSLogix 5000) Long story short I was unable to install ver 17 until my distributor informed me I needed to install Studio 5000 ver 26 which is forwards and backwards compatible. Did this and was able to install RSLogix 5000 ver 17 OK

Good Luck