[TOOL] What version is this MER/APA anyway?

That's good to know but is it "functional"?
Have you used it successfully?

Don't leave us hanging!

G.

Yes I've tried it with a dozens of apa and mer and the version number it spits out make sense. It doesn't tell you if it's 32/64 bits however. B

I forgot to take a screenshot with some files tested but the interface is simple. You can't select a whole folder or multiple files at the same time but you test one after the other and they all stay listed in the recent list. Didn't notice an export of some sort.

Untitled2.png

I wonder if, under the hood, RA's Version Reader has a class function What****ingMERVersion() in it? :whistle:

Haha, oh boy... šŸ™ƒ

I'm glad they also weren't able to tell which architecture the application was built on.

Everything related to versions in the Rockwell Kingdom is a mess of train wreck in a dumpster fire. That's one proof among others...;) I don't understand why I like working with their products! :nodi:

Last edited:
Doesn't work for me. Says it can't find the version because 7zip isn't authorized to unzip the directory, but I can open all my mer files directly from 7zip without any kind of security prompts or anything.

Doesn't work for me. Says it can't find the version because 7zip isn't authorized to unzip the directory, but I can open all my mer files directly from 7zip without any kind of security prompts or anything.

Where is the program being run from and where exactly is the MER located? On a network drive?

I could understand that, better safe than sorry. I'll post it when I get a minute to clean up my middle-school language in the code. I made it when I was mad at Rockwell for telling me that you can't get the version from the APA/MER.

I read about this. It only took 15 years!

Did this ever get posted? I couldn't find it

Is there a way to tell what version FTView SE is? From the .SED file? Also if its Distributed, Network Station, or Station?

Is there a way to tell what version FTView SE is? From the .SED file? Also if its Distributed, Network Station, or Station?
I'm not sure, we only use ME. Do SE applications compile like ME (MER)?

For ME, I believe the equivalent file to your SED is the MED. The information I'm getting isn't contained in that file, it is in other files in the project directory.