SLC 5/05 "Faulted"

It does not. Nor does it show it as being faulted in the dropdown menu where you can see "Remote Run", "Go Offline", etc. All of the Status Error bits are clear as well.

I can't do that myself without Admin access on the computer. IT at corporate are the only ones who have that access and I have requested that they remote in and do this. So far they have not yet.

Yup IT can be a pain 8 years ago I got tired of waiting for our IT to come and do there job I used http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/ to get the passwords and used the admin when I needed to do something my self instead of waiting days for them. Then I finally talked them into giving me admin rights.

YAAY for me?

I noticed something yesterday on RSLinx

Using the Ethernet devices driver a SLC 5/05 1747-L552 C/8 DC 2.59 says its faulted.

Looking at the same device using Eth I/P driver says its OK.

A similar device next to it, a SLC 5/05 1747-L551/C C/11 DC 3.46, does not do the same thing. Its fine on both ETH and ETH I/P . And both machines are working just fine.
Looks that way right this minute in fact.

My Money is on an error in RSLINX, do your colleges get the same error when going online from a different PC ?

It is rare that RSLINX is working perfect, (don't want to calculate the hours wasted)