Vodoo

When I try to run FactoryTalk View Studio it fails and this error pops up;

FactoryTalk Studio

Cannot connect to addin object
Name: Application Handler
Cause: 80004005

Any ideas?

FTViewError.jpg

I have had the before, dont know why though, Do a repair on ftvs services platform, that always worked for me.

I have done uninstall and reinstall with no luck. I am going to uninstall all things Rockwell and do fresh installs. The repair didn't run through so something is wrong there.

Cause 18

QQProtect (a security software originating in China) has blocked FactoryTalk View Studio from running. The error displayed is:

Cannot connect to addin object
Name : Application Handler
Cause : 80004005

Solution 18

Stop the process named qqprotect.exe from Task Manager, or uninstall QQProtect.

I had the same exact error - Windows 10, FactoryTalk View Studio V9. My issue occurred right after Windows made an update.

bright676's fix to repair the FactoryTalk Services Platform & do a reboot worked for me.