free Cliparts for HMI??

briana banks

Hi All

Is there any website that offers free images of tanks,pumps
etc. for HMI?

I think that paying 500% for a library of images which on the best case you will use one or two images from it, is way too expensive.

We started a collection of bitmapped HMI symbols here.

You are welcome to add to it. We definately have the resources here to build a good one if we all got together.

Brian.

What I always do is take a digital picture of the exact eqipment then import and convert it to a bit map image, then tweek it as needed. I do this so they can actually see the device on the HMI that they will be looking at.

Hi,

Just ask your Siemens representative for a free demo version of WinCC. On that CD are a lot of symbols. You also can do the same with Wonderware intouch of invensys.

There is a company that build symbols http://www.reichard.com/

but you have to pay them only a few are for free.

Rudi

MSPaint3D has been very kind to me! You can use an image of whatever you want.

The ability to pull an image out and make a transparent background behind it is awesome.

I have drawn many HMI symbols and my favorite software is inkscape, very powerful and free

Maybe it is just me,

But I avoid images at all costs on HMIs.

This is for a couple of reasons.

#1: if someone takes over after you and they don't have the images (or capability) it becomes more difficult to add/subtract from the screen.

#2: Readability. A plain grey background with sparce color and low contrast works best, IMO. When the screen is cluttered with too many colors/objects it becomes difficult to tell what is happening.

Someone on here recommended the book "High Performance HMIs" and I broke down and bought it. While it deals more with the process side of things, it has some great information in it!

Well, I'll respond to a 14 year old thread as well... (y)

The answer really depends on the platform, FactoryCrap, Ignition, WonderWare, etc. I've been using Gravit designer, web. I mainly use it to draw SVGs, which Ignition can handle. After you import (drag & drop) you don't need the raw file, you can edit in Ignition. You can also easily animate any part of the SVG. Other platforms may not offer things like this. Also, I don't get hung up on drawing things like pumps, it serves no purpose to have life like graphics. I would rather shower the user with information and data that can help them.

As already mentioned, the book High Peformance HMIs has some good stuff to consider, however, in the end, it's the customer that gets what they want..