question about replacing new servo drive: Kinetix 350

mike3475

Good morning everyone:
We had burned up Kinetix 350 drives by mistake (put AC 110V in +24V)

the drive configured with existing motion group and ran fine before burned up.
At first we need to configure the same ip address for new drives by keypad input,that is only step we have to do or we have to configure it like new drive step by step followed by its manual?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Because the Kinetix 350 is a "CIP Motion" drive, all of its configuration except the IP address comes from the ControlLogix that is running it.

Set the IP address and as long as the firmware is compatible with what's in your ControlLogix project, that should be all the configuration you have to do.

today we got new Kinetix350, we only swapped memory module, then it works fine, found out this new drive with firmware reversion is 2.003, i remembered the old bad drive firmware reversion was 2.001, so that means that memory module only stores the IP address,not the firmware,right?
Thanks!

I've used dozens of Kinetix 350 drives, but never had to think about the 2097-MEM memory module !

On the Kinetix 300 drives, that module stores all the configuration information for the drive and its indexing features.

On the Kinetix 350, I think all it stores is the IP address, and possibly the absolute position of the encoder at power-down.

It almost certainly doesn't store the drive's firmware; that's got to be in a nonremovable nonvolatile memory chip.