Migrating from Panelview32 to Factory talk view

Rehu09

I have HMI screen which was developed in PanelBuilder32 and used Panelveiw 550. I was assigned with this project to update the HMI screens and use panel view plus 700.
For which basically I have to use factory talk view software ME edition.
Requirement is
1. We have the 2nd line HMI which is build in factorytalk view and dowonloaded in panel view plus 700. I have to build the HMI for 1st line same as replica as 2nd.
2. So I can use the same screens with little modification.
3. How should I start
I. I have started exporting all the hmi tags of 2nd line into csv files
II. Copied all the screens exactly to 1st line and I'm not sure how to link to the 1st line plc program.
III. What are the steps I should consider in assigning the tags for line 1 hmi

Your help is really appreciated.

What is the PLC used, Are both lines on the same PLC
It sounds like the program can be duplicated with tag/address changes
and the coms set up to read it
Need more data

I have started with new application for line 1 and copied down all the screens from line 2. I don't understand how I should start tagging line 1 plc program (SLC 5/05). I came up reading in manual which states to create HMI tags or data server tags. I really doen't know what they both actually mean.
What steps should I consider after starting new application and creating new screens. How should I proceed in linking PLC program (RSLOGIX 500) inputs, output and memory bits over here

What is the PLC used, Are both lines on the same PLC
It sounds like the program can be duplicated with tag/address changes
and the coms set up to read it
Need more data
Both are not in PLC
they have different lines for example
line 1 has slc 5/03 and pv 550
line 2 has slc 5/05 an pv 700+

line 1 is almost similar to line 2 except few of the changes. Project requires to update the line1 HMI exactly as line2.

for the 5/03 I use a 1761 NET-ENI to convert to Ethernet for the panelview. There are other ways and a lot of the posts here don't really like the NET-ENI but they work for me as long as you are not trying to send data over them to to many places.
If you have not programmed PV+ it takes a little bit to get proficient at it but it's not bad.You could just rename the application in the PV+ and re address all the controls on the different screens to addresses in the 5/03 & changing the shortcut in the comms tab of the new pv+

There is a feature in ME that lets you convert an older Standard PV to PV+ but I've found there is still a lot of work to do and it doesn't do that well

Line 2 has a PV+700. And on line 1 you are replacing a pv 550 with a PV+ that needs to be exactly like line 2?

Copy the .mer from the line 2 PV+700 and load it into a new PV+700 and just change the node.

Last edited:
If the only difference between the 2 programs is one is in a 5/03 & the other a 5/05
Bright676 is correct, But I believe you will still need to convert to Ethernet unless you have a different comms module on the new PV+ Not sure what comms your running on the 550
I don't use the Panelviews as much unless they are requested. I use a Weinview (weintek)
They are Cheaper, Rugged, and free software.
I do have the PV+'S Running with the NET-ENI when I converted a bunch of older 2711 t10c1's that were running on AB's RIO networks

hi Rehu09.

Is line1 program logic exactly same as line2?
If it is. I suggest you upgrade your SLC503 to SLC505 first.
Then restore your line2 .mer into FT viewME development application.
Make the changes as you need. Thereafter create new .mer file download into line1 PV+700.