Help require about communication with Power Flex 755

AB2005

[FONT=&quot]Hi;[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have arranged Allen Bradley cable and adapter for communication between Laptop and Power Flex drives which picture is attached. I did try to establish communication by using “DriveExplorer” software but failed. System generated an error which picture is attached. I have used the same serial port of Laptop to communicate with other PLCs and it works fine. It means no problem with serial port. Kindly guide me where is the problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Allen Bradley.jpg Error.jpg

You will be better getting Drive Executive or Connected Components Workbench (CCW) as i do not think that Drive Explorer will work on the PF750 drives, I now it does not support the PF520 drives.

Note: CCW is free, but Drive Executive SP (which includes Drive Observer) is not free.

Alan.

What is your pc operating system?
is the device driver installed?
Did you set the communications port in the software first?

please explain what you did.

james

Hi;
I have W10 but in W10, I have installed Oracle Virtual Machine and in this VM, I have W7 having all RS softwares. All softwares work well in W7 including serial port. I usually use serial port to connect with different drives.
From where i could get "Device Driver"?
I did not set the comm port in software. I think settings can be find in PF750 manual.

What sort of serial port are you using is it a USB one, if so you will need to right click on my computer and select "Manage" then select device properties, and then select Ports, from here you will see the USB serial device and its port number, you then need to set up RSLinx or the comms in Drive Explorer for this port.

Alan