Proficy V6 questions

I haven't run across a 90-30 FANUC for well over 15 years. I was given Proficy 6 by the customer and connected and read the program out of the PLC no problem.

However:
1) My online green and offline grey icon under the "target" has a red X on it. What is that? I assume the program is not validating.
2) There's only 6 discrete cards in the whole rack so the power supply warning is curious.
3) When I tried to add a spare output to a rung, it let me and I saw it on the ladder but after editing I could no longer could see the power flow status. I tried to commit it to the PLC but I got errors and it wouldn't take it.

-------------------- Validating --------------------
Validating Services
Preparing for selected action...
-------------------- Validating --------------------
Validating Services
Target - Target1
Target1 - Logic Controller
Validating Hardware Configuration
Warning 8402: Insufficient power. Using 108.00% of the supplied 24 VDC Relay Power (Watts) [Rack 0, Slot 0]
Warning 8402: Insufficient power. Using 134.75% of the supplied Total System Power (Watts) [Rack 0, Slot 0]
Exporting folder...
Error 8036: Address '%R00006' on 'R00006[0]' is already used on 'R00001[05]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00007' on 'R00006[1]' is already used on 'R00001[06]'
Error 8036: Address '%R00008' on 'R00006[2]' is already used on 'R00001[07]'

and on and on...

I could see that the same addresses were used for Q outputs and as elements of an R structure for timers, etc.

??) How do you resolve all this so your program changes will commit?

!!) By the way, Proficy was in Demo mode when I did this.

Red X under target means logic is not equal.
You have to fix "Error 8036" before you can download.
The duplicate uses of the registers MAY need to be fixed.
You may have a variable declaration for %R0006, but not for %R0001[05].
SO you will need to search for %R0001[05] and replace with %R0006....and so on.

The power issues may be okay. It is configured to assume you may have all outputs on at the same time.

The power supply warning is based on a worst-case assumption about power consumed by the modules.

It sounds to me like the program you extracted from the PLC was written with either Logicmaster or VersaPro. The errors may be coming from that. For some reason, it has assigned a multi-element array to address %R00001. Then it flags every usage of a %R address that overlaps the range of addresses assigned to the array.
If you like, save a backup copy of the project and post it here. I can try to walk you through the necessary steps to get it to validate. If your company won't let you post it to a public forum, you can send it to me directly at stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net.

A lot of times when I do "raw" uploads from 90-30 to Machine Edition this happens with the "multi element arrays".
Would like to know why?

Stemapplications sent me the Proficy file.
As I thought, the power warning is based on a worst-case assumption. It assumes all of the relay outputs will be on at the same time. The relays on the MDL940 draw their power from the power supply. There are six of those modules, each with sixteen relays. If they were all on at the same time they would overload the power supply. It is generally a safe bet that they aren't all on simultaneously.
Proficy created a 50-word array in the variables table because of the 50-element BLK_CLR instruction on rung 2. That's the source of the errors. You can change those from errors to warnings by going to the Inspector tab of the Navigator window. Expand the "Controller" item and click on "General". Then scroll down to the "Duplicate Addresses" item and change the setting from "Prevent" to "Warn". Then the project should validate with only warnings and allow you to download to the PLC. If you change the setting to "Ignore" you'll get even fewer warnings.
There are also a number of dual coil usages in the program, but apparently you've been getting away with them.

Thanks Steve. First time I saw this machine was yesterday so the program is the program that was in there. Double coils are always interesting to deal with especially if they're not in conditional mutually exclusive subroutines. Trying a larger power supply suggestion is a good one. That could be an easy fix if it works.