Ben

bmoritz

Hi, I am working with a Red Lion CR3000 and I am able to extract the file that is currently downloaded to the HMI, but when I name it and save it and then when I log back in, it does not extract as the file name that was just saved, it makes you go through the same process

I saved the file that I extracted from the HMI, then closed Crimson 3.1, then opened it back up. It is extracting like it should, I was on line with tech support at Red Lion, thanks for replying though

That sounds normal to me.
I have some old RSLogix stuff . . . I downloaded the programs and stored them away.
Next time I want to access the PLC first thing I have to do is download the program
again.

I would think that the PLC (or in your case the HMI) has no idea whether you have
an archive copy of the program or not . . .
Poet.