Learning Exercises - Any Suggestions

iadapt

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Guys,

I'm collecting a list of PLC programming exercises for newbies and even rusty programmers to practice prioritized by difficulty.

Any suggestions?

Thank you, i was looking for a progressivly difficult list of programs. Like moving from bsr, to analog to PID to etc.

What to learn and what order to learn it. I know we all need to mearn instructions but when building what exercise should we build especially in intermidate or advanced programming?

getting used to using a lot of IO and specialty modules such as high speed counter/thermcouple/rtd would be good for intermediate users

Is there no list of beginner exercises, to intermediate to advanced programming?
Seems odd to me. Guess I need to build one. All the online courses are for beginners only, even advanced courses are only instruction based learning and not full exercises for those trying to learn that progressively get more challenging as you go.

Thoughts?

Hello Big Robo, I know of the learning pit, but again that's just basic programming knowledge. And not in controllogix.

It would be nice to have a list of exercises including, PID, analog, batch, ethernet, Devicenet, profinet, servos, robotics etc In a progressively growing difficulty list.

I'm assuming that you mean beyond car parks, traffic lights, pick & place machines, & elevators?

The best place for things to automate is the kitchen. The dishwasher has temperature settings, a sequence of cycles and so forth. Baking a cake (industrially) involves weighing &dumping of flour, metering in of ingredients, mixing, baking (PID temp control), recipe handling, variable sequences (differing #s of ingredients), and whatever other wrinkles you want to add.

The best training exercises involve (a) already knowing "how" it works, so the step isn't spoonfed (resulting in programs that didn't consider all the "what-ifs"; (b) expandable, so that the programmer doesn't make code that is hard to modify as requirements change. ((I know, that never happens in real life. Yeah right.))

Good luck.