Factorytalk Service platform.

hema

Hello Everyone,

Kindly find the attached Image.
I am getting this while try to opening Factorytalk View studio.
While installation i got intimation that Factorytalk service Platform is succesfully installed.
Help me to open and work in factorytalk view studio.
I also attached two more images that shows installed tools in my desktop.

Thanks
Hema

IMG_20171221_154232.jpg IMG_20171221_154259.jpg IMG_20171221_154247.jpg

Hello Everyone,

Kindly find the attached Image.
I am getting this while try to opening Factorytalk View studio.
While installation i got intimation that Factorytalk service Platform is succesfully installed.
Help me to open and work in factorytalk view studio.
I also attached two more images that shows installed tools in my desktop.

Thanks
Hema

Heloo Hema,
What OS you are using . And which FTV version you are using .And you must install first Factory talk TM- services . then only run the application ..

Last edited:
32-bit or 64-bit?

If you are being prompted to install FactoryTalk Services Platform v2.10 then the version of FactoryTalk View Studio that you have installed and are attempting to open must be relatively old...

I'd say around FTVS v5.10?

You have probably installed other somewhat newer Rockwell Software products that have installed a newer version of FTSP than v2.10.

What version of FTSP is currently installed?

Usually when this happens the solution is to patch upgrade the older version of FTVS to allow it to recognize the newer version of FTSP...

106083 - FactoryTalk View SE/ME 5.10.00 Patch for error messages when launching View Studio or client after upgrading FTSP to CPR9 SR3
Access Level: Everyone

(FTSP v2.10 = CPR9 SR1)

Follow the instructions carfully especially with respect to prerequisite other patches before applying the patch in the technote.

Another consideration here is the Operating System - users are experiencing varying degrees of sucess and failure when attempting to install and run relatively older Rockwell Software products under the likes of the Windows 10 operating system and also under which architecture - x86 or x64. I seem to vaguely recall advising before on why we could not realistically expect such older products to keep running either smoothly, or at all, under newer OS. And that Rockwell could not realistically continue to release patched versions of quite older software products in an attempt to keep up. Virtualization of supported operating systems is the preferred solution in these cases. That was probably in the Windows 10 Rockwell thread (or similar name?).

I do hope you can manage to resolve this and that it does successfully open and operate for you.

Regards,
George

Hello Sir,

I am using Windows 7.I thought that Factorytalk Service Platform version need to be in 2.10.Will try it and update you.
I worked with Factorytalk before.

Thank you for suggestions sir

Thanks you Sir,
You are absolutely right that i need to change the version of FactoryTalk Service Platform from 2.73 to 2.10.
OS-Windows 7 and FTVIEWME in 5.10.
I try with version 2.10 and let you update.

Thanks again.

Thanks you Sir,
You are absolutely right that i need to change the version of FactoryTalk Service Platform from 2.73 to 2.10.
OS-Windows 7 and FTVIEWME in 5.10.
I try with version 2.10 and let you update.

Thanks again.

Sorry, hold on a moment! You have slightly misunderstood the above advice. You can patch update FTVS v5.10 so it will accept newer versions of FTSP, such as v2.73. You do not need to uninstall v2.73 and revert back to v2.10. If you remove FTSP v2.73 then other newer Rockwell Software products, that will most likely be dependant on FTSP v2.73, may then stop working.

Did you read the technote? Can you understand what I am explaining to you?

Also, your screenshots do not look like Windows 7 to me?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Hello Sir,

Sorry i misunderstood the concept.
I have installed FactoryTalk SE V5.0 On Computer ( Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit ).
I don't have any version than FTVS v5.10.

From your original screenshots...

2017-12-26%2012.20.39.png

This is not Windows 7? Unless you have made Windows 7 look like Windows 10?, which I do know is possible. Or are you running Windows 7 in a virtual session under a host Windows 10 system?

Once again, have you read the Rockwell technote I linked earlier and do you understand it?

FactoryTalk Services Platform (FTSP) is a core component of the FactoryTalk suite of software products. FactoryTalk View Studio (FTVS) is not the only software product that may be dependent on FTSP. I was not suggesting that you have different versions of FTVS installed which may be dependent on FTSP v2.73. Some other software product has installed FTSP v2.73. This software product, whichever one it happens to be, will still require FTSP v2.73 to be installed.

You are installing older FTVS software (v5.10) which requires an older version of FTSP (v2.10). But because you are attempting to run older and newer software products on the same system, you must keep the newer version of FTSP (v2.73). To allow older version products like FTVS run with the newer FTSP, Rockwell provide patch updates for FTVS which allows it to recognize and run using newer versions of FTSP.

I'm not sure if that makes things any clearer for you or just adds more confusion?

Regards,
George

I understood and followed the technote.

Manual Install
Reboot the computer into safe mode.

Download and unzip the attached RAid106083Binary.zip file to the target machine. When unzipped, this folder should include ViewUtil.dll 5.10.9.35.

Replace existing files in the RSView Enterprise folder by copying over them with the newer version of the files from Step 2. This folder's default location is C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise.

Finally it works in my system.

Thanks Again Sir.

I am using this software for teaching and training purpose sir.
I used it before in Vgas company project in my previous work.

I will ask my doubts and clarification to you anytime. :) :)