Omron CPM2A High Speed Counter

jmartin9

Hi Folks. I have a problem with an Omron CPM2A High Speed Counter. It had been working well, but the problem is that a program change was downloaded to the PLC and now it appears that the high speed counter function has been lost. I am not where this PLC is at the moment - I was on the phone with a technician who is online with this PLC and we went through the high speed counter settings (in PLC settings) and they appear to be the same settings as they were when I programmed this PLC in the first place. I had him change the settings, transfer them, then change them back to the original and transfer them again but this made no difference. Any thoughts on what else could cause this? Thanks!

You'll get more replies posting in the main forum: http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/forumdisplay.php?f=2

First, the easy one: do you have a copy of the previous PLC program (when the counter was working)?

We'll need to know a lot about the PLC and its program to answer the question. Which CPU model? How is the counter connected to the PLC? Do you have any idea what the program changes were?

The PLC model is CPM2A-60CDT1-D. Also, I should have said that the original fully functioning program was re-downloaded and the problem persisted. The program was written with Cx-Programmer V2.0. The download at new location was done with V5.0. The program change was the most minor change - one n/c contact was added to one rung. And then the original program was re-downloaded. The machine is acting exactly like the high speed counter is not functioning which is why I suspected that the high speed counter settings somehow got changed during the download. The high speed counter is reset with a proximity sensor through 0.00 and the settings are >use as high speed counter >Zphase and software reset >Differential phase mode. Attached is the original program. Thanks!