Studio V. 31.xx won't install

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi folks.
I got a "new" z-book here at a new job and I am having a lot of trouble getting Studio V. 31.02 to install. We have it on a server and I've tried getting it directly from Rockwell. BTW Windows 10 enterprise V. 1909 64-bit
They gave me a smaller laptop without the features engineering needed and I got it on there OK so I'm figuring it's a machine issue.
As one can see by the snips, I have V. 19 and 20 plus linx and I also reinstalled FTV Services platform.
The snip with the install summary rings a bell but I can't remember what that was about. Something about that C++ business.
Anyway I'm going to need 31.xx and 32.04 on here like soon. It seems like we only have 2 or 3 machines with v.31 and of course I have a modification to make to the program on one of them.
Any direction would be appreciated. Thank you for all you do for folks on here.
Respectfully,

FTV programs.PNG Logix programs.PNG V. 31 install.png

I don't know if this will help but I installed v33 first on a new w10 laptop and then was able to install v28, 30,31,32 easily. I first tried v28 and was unsuccessful.

I don't know if this will help but I installed v33 first on a new w10 laptop and then was able to install v28, 30,31,32 easily. I first tried v28 and was unsuccessful.

Hi, thanks. V. 33 was actually on there and one of the guys said to take it off. I'll try that and post an update.

Hi, OK I installed V. 33 and then went to the lower versions. I still couldn't install 31.xx so I searched the information in the install report in the first screenshot. I then tried method 1 in the second screenshot and V. 31 installed OK then. One of the other engineers said to download something for that C++ but I didn't need to. Hopefully this will help someone some day.
Probably someone will reply with "You didn't know this?!" :ROFLMAO:
Thank you so much for your time and help. I won't forget this one.

V. 31 install.png C++.PNG

Something that might help you out: Rockwell now offers a first party multi version install for all Studios from V20-33.

They have it hidden under their "Additional downloads" section, if you are interested, I can post a link to other threads about it.

Regards,
PreLC

Something that might help you out: Rockwell now offers a first party multi version install for all Studios from V20-33.

They have it hidden under their "Additional downloads" section, if you are interested, I can post a link to other threads about it.

Regards,
PreLC
+1 Good to know!

Regards,
PreLC

Thanks!! That would be a great link to have.

When I have problems installing Studio on a Win10 I follow Rockwell's direction and go to the REDIST folder, then each subfolder and install that. Some things will popup a newer version is installed or that doesn't go with my computer, but once all the add-ons are installed Studio installs fine.

Every time I've ran into that (different versions), I've went into Add/Remove programs, found that Visuall C++ and repaired it, then install again.