electromagnets

pdelno

Lifetime Supporting Member
i was woundering if any body here has used electromagnets in any projects.
i have a idea about using some for a project and can't really find any of the info i need.
if anybody has info on them. like controling them and manipulating the force of the magnets. I know this is off the plc topic but it might get there.

I worked with a machine that used small ones. A disc brake pad would slide onto the magnets, they would energize, then the arm would turn the pad upside down over a conveyor. The magnets would de-energize to drop the pad on the conveyor.

It was a very simple on/off application with 24VDC magnets.

Have used them a few times but they also attract metal shavings and grinding dust that don't want to fall off when the magnets are deenergized (residual) so they end up being a maintenance issue. Generally we stay away from them.

thanks guys

dalem that was what i was looking for
i think they may have what i want

jstolaruk we weld blanks togeather with lasers so fairly clean. right now there are suction cups the crowd the 2 blanks togeather. there is a lot of oil on the parts which gets into the vac system and causes a lot of problems. there fix right now is to sandblast the cups but that messes up the sealing surface. i was thinks of using small magnets the replace the suction cups.

thanks agian guys

Back
Top Bottom