Can RSLINX Classic Lite communicate with a real PLC (SLC0)

IdealDan

Hi Guys,
Can RSLinx Classic LITE communicate with a real PLC (SLC5/04) on program Downloading event?

What about Transferring:

1. Transferring of .MER Factory talk file to a Panel View Plus, can RSLINX LITE do it?

2. Also During Simulation of Factory Talk Application .MED File with RSLOGIX AND EMULATE500, can RSLINX LITE do it?

Thanks in advance

What about Transferring:

1. Transferring of .MER Factory talk file to a Panel View Plus, can RSLINX LITE do it?

Should be fine

What about Transferring:

2. Also During Simulation of Factory Talk Application .MED File with RSLOGIX AND EMULATE500, can RSLINX LITE do it?

I have never used Emulate but I would think it should be fine also if you are just using standard communication

No. Usually you transfer an application into a PanelView using the transfer utility (FTView Studio) and RSLinx Enterprise. Also it's possible to use a memory stick.
I suppose it's ok. The major limitation of Lite version is the lack of OPC/DDE capabilities. That's all:

RSLinx Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealDan

No. Usually you transfer an application into a PanelView using the transfer utility (FTView Studio) and RSLinx Enterprise. Also it's possible to use a memory stick.

Do you mean I need RSLINX ENTERPRISE to be purchased or the one attached to Factory Talk View ME For the Transfer utility operation?

Do you mean I need RSLINX ENTERPRISE to be purchased or the one attached to Factory Talk View ME For the Transfer utility operation?

The included version should be all you need.

As for getting the RSLogix 500 Emulator to respond to a virtual HMI? I don't think that will work, but I could be mistaken. I do know that when (many many years ago) I needed to do this from other HMI software platforms, a licensed version (paid for) of RSLinx Classic was required along with OPC/DDE Topics.