Advance HMI question

Mtech

Hello,
I have just started to exploring the advance HMI program to possibly add to a project. I like the controls which seem easy to work with for the most part. I'm a first time VB user. Can any one help me with setting up or give me a better understanding on how to set up the alarm control. It appears a word file writes to this but how do I add alarm description to this? Also,has any one setup a bar graph and trend screen. If so can you provide me with your knowledge?I'll keep digging at and hope to figure something out. Thanks in advance. Kudos to all you involved in designing and then for providing to all of us for free. Its a cool application that keeps you thinking.

Once the AlarmGrid is added to the form, you will see a property called Alarms. Select that property, then click on the small button with the 3 dots. That will open a box to let you add alarms.

As for trending, there currently is no component for doing trending, but you can do it with a few lines of code. See this video, this will work in AdvancedHMI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-5STcYWQ7k

Archie, I think this will work great. I have 8integers I was wanting to monitor in one graph. Can you tell me how much needs to be changed to use this on ethernet. I am using a Micro1400. I like that touch monitor you had in one of your demos and was considering buying one for this project providing I can put the application together the way I want it. Thanks.

Well, I managed to get the trending working. However, I also have several digital and analog meters that periodically "blip" like the ethernet was updating. Is this because I am running in debug mode? Or is there a ethernet setting I need to change. Thanks.

I let the application running in debug mode for about 20-30 minutes. When I returned I had a hundred popup blocks with the following error message:eData Recieved(2)-Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Last edited:
Well, I managed to get the trending working. However, I also have several digital and analog meters that periodically "blip" like the ethernet was updating. Is this because I am running in debug mode? Or is there a ethernet setting I need to change. Thanks.

I let the application running in debug mode for about 20-30 minutes. When I returned I had a hundred popup blocks with the following error message:eData Recieved(2)-Index was outside the bounds of the array.
There are some error handling issues in the current release. I have an updated version in testing right now and hope to release it within a few weeks.

Not sure if this matters. But the main form components act fine. I have create various windows forms that pop up when a push button is pressed on the main form. On the pop up there are meters with a ether net driver. When I open up any screen this problem "blip" happens. The more screens opened the more frequent. Also thanks for looking into a fix looking forward to updating.

Not sure if this matters. But the main form components act fine. I have create various windows forms that pop up when a push button is pressed on the main form. On the pop up there are meters with a ether net driver. When I open up any screen this problem "blip" happens. The more screens opened the more frequent. Also thanks for looking into a fix looking forward to updating.
That is exactly one of the known problems with the driver. When using multiple forms, it uses multiple instances of the driver (EthernetIPForSLCMicro), but a shared instance of the data link layer (EthernetIPLayer). When a new instance is created, there is a problem with it appearing like the IP address has changed and causes some havoc to put it simply.

The new driver addresses this and also gets around the limitation of only being able to communicate to a single processor. You will now be able to use multiple instances of the driver with each one pointing to a different PLC.

Makes since. I'll check back to source forge in a few weeks for the update. Are there any other components available for down load. I need to finish the trending but would like to have a bar graph to read my integers. I have also hunted for a way to add small animation to pictures added. Something similar to Maple Systems. Can you point me in the right direction?Thanks.

I need to finish the trending but would like to have a bar graph to read my integers. I have also hunted for a way to add small animation to pictures added. Something similar to Maple Systems. Can you point me in the right direction?
If you look at the code for the Motor, it has an example of animiation. It basically goes through 4 shaft images to give the appearance of it rotating.

Well no luck on finding the animation example. I tested the motor and I see the shaft turning but can't find in the properties to make this happen. Do mind to provide some more info on which direction I should take?

I'm trying to create the ZedGraph(Bar) portion of the ZedgraphControl. I created the trend and values seem spot on. The bar graph values seem way off +/-. Will someone PLEASE assist me with correcting my code? What I'm doing is reading 8 integers from the PLC. These integers are N7:2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16. Then have each of these place a value to a indivual bar on the graph.Is there a way to code the graph to have each individual bar correspond to one integer?
Bar 1= N7:2
Bar 2= N7:4
and ect.
Man, This VB stuff will keep you busy for hours. However, I am learning a lot as there is a ton of info out there but I still feel like I'm getting my butt kicked.

Thanks in Advance,
Mtech;)

Never mind, I got it. I was digging deeper than I needed to. I should have stuck to the basics of things.

*Archie, I sent you a PM*