Anyone know Creonics?

Motor Type confuguration

The counts per motor revolution at the axis definition may include gearing and whatever else to get to whole engineering units like millimeters or degrees.

It has been too long for me to remember where you set the value for commutation versus the values used by your code to control the axis.

Can you post screen shots?

I have no clue to set up this parameter.
But according to my old line, this parameter is set by no uniform.
What are your thinking?

Motorconfig2.jpg Motorconfig1.jpg Motorconfig.png

I have no clue to set up this parameter.
But according to my old line, this parameter is set by no uniform.
What are your thinking?

Which is it that you are adding/modifying?

And, earlier, you said it is presently working fine, but you are needing to update the motor?

I have lost track of the question...what is it you have right now, and what is it that you want to do. Please don't be brief.

Nice screenshots...using them as raw servos, I don't think you get all the choice as if you had used them as linear or rotary axes. Those dialogs are much more expanded in later versions of GML, but the details are still there, just not necessarily all in one tidy location.

Not saying you should change that though, the whole application needs to be considered, how the logic flows already. Perhaps one of the virtuals masters these raw servo axes?

I would have to see the whole GML diagram and all the properties to properly analyze how it works before taking a stab at modification.

Which is it that you are adding/modifying?

And, earlier, you said it is presently working fine, but you are needing to update the motor?
Yes. I am doing commissioning on a new Lenze motor and Lenze inverter to replace original HR2000 inverter and Reliance motor. But the Lenze motor is shaking,unstable,hot and OC. so I suspect some parameters such as Transducer/Mtr revolutions or motor type set improperly. I checked 5 IMCs with total 13 GML program. The Transducer/Mtr revolutions and Motor type in original program are being set no uniform. I remember we have changed some encoders from 2048PPR to 1024PPR. And we never changed the Transducer/Mtr revolutions parameter,just changed K constant, but the motor is running OK.

I checked 5 IMCs with total 13 GML program. The Transducer/Mtr revolutions and Motor type in original program are being set no uniform.

I don't understand that last part. Are you installing a new motor for which you have other examples to follow or is this your first attempt with this motor/amp combination?

jonney said:
I remember we have changed some encoders from 2048PPR to 1024PPR. And we never changed the Transducer/Mtr revolutions parameter,just changed K constant, but the motor is running OK.

If the gains are properly set, you can get away with this sometimes.

K-constant. that's the word I was looking for earlier. The K-constant is encoder pulses to engineering uints. The motor definitions page should match reality, but how it is wired can affect that. If you are using a quadrature encoder with 1024PPR, and the software is set for quadrature encoder it should match.

The signal itself should be verified when you tune.

You can do a "battery box test" in commander. I think it might be called something different in GML 3.x.

Basically it ignores the feedback and runs the amplifier/motor "open loop" you set the command voltage, and the servo follows it. During this test, you should see your k-constant and resulting position in engineering units match the behavior of the axis. If this is a linear axis, be very careful with this test. You can slam a motor to full speed and have it running into an end limit faster than the safety circuit can shut her down, all with a careless click...

If you do the marker test, you can verify your encoder is there and making signals. It doesn't prove the settings for motor rpm are correct, so your crazy acting motor may be simply due to this. I would set this up, run the battery box test and ensure that all is well and smooth and happy with the motor at several different speeds, then go back and tune the drive.

Autotuning is tricky with A/B Gml. If you enter the wrong values for the tests it will fail miserably and make a perfectly gently servo into a nervous wreck.

I had several systems that simply could not be autotuned with any tuning values...we simply had to turn the thing down to a crawl, and manually tune the machine over several hours, then record those values and they could be manually entered as good starting points on subsequent machines.

Hope this helps.
Paul

You can do a "battery box test" in commander. I think it might be called something different in GML 3.x.
The GML 3.9.1 is different with what you said. The auto tuning almost is rubbish without function. I can send you a cope of the software and my application.Please give me your email.
K-constant. that's the word I was looking for earlier. The K-constant is encoder pulses to engineering uints. The motor definitions page should match reality, but how it is wired can affect that. If you are using a quadrature encoder with 1024PPR, and the software is set for quadrature encoder it should match.
The K-constant is just a scaling. I adjust it by MOVE command. In MOVE command window, I move 1000mm with speed 100, If the actual moved position is 1200, then I use a simple formula to compute a new K-Constant and do again for verification.
I had several systems that simply could not be autotuned with any tuning values...we simply had to turn the thing down to a crawl, and manually tune the machine over several hours, then record those values and they could be manually entered as good starting points on subsequent machines.
The auto tuning almost is rubbish and not functional.
Recently, I failed to tuning a Lenze motor. The motor is drived by a Lenze 9300 servo inverter (EVS-9327-ES). The inverter itself is on speed mode with a close loop, GML also has a close loop. Two close loops make control unstable. The speed in GML is OK (199 to 200) but the output voltage is jumping from 1VDC to 6VDC. This jumping reference is sending to Inverter. It caused motor hot,shaking and 'gu,gu,gu' sound. I am still in struggling how to adjust parameters in inverter and GML.