Factory Talk

dhuber

Hi All,

I go to open Factory Talk View Studio and I get this error:

"Failed to restore the archived version of the FactoryTalk System Directory. See help or your System Administrator to restore the archived FactoryTalk System Directory."

I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it and it has not helped.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Someone else was using my computer last week and when i got it today i had this problem i cant get rid of.

Thanks.

Hello all,

I figured since i figured out what i had to do to fix the problem and tech support knew exactly what to do to fix it, i would post it on here so if anyone else has the same issue.

I was told that ME station was opened and not closed properly.

To fix this issue, i had to delete a folder which was located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime

Than I deleted the folder called CurrentSysBak, or some variation of a folder named current system backup.

I deleted that file and than rebooted and everything worked fine.

Thanks from me as well. Same issue and it was a fast easy fix. Thanks for letting us stand on your shoulders!

Kraken Fan #69

I just deleted everything in the runtime folder other than the mer file and it worked. No need to reboot in my case. I dont know about anyone else but that step in itself saves me 20 minutes due to the Rockwell software bogging down my startup.

This site has allowed me to avert many headaches over the years. Once again, the solution was within these pages. Thanks posting the followup, dhuber.

Easy Fix

I just deleted the file backup file in the runtime folder. Did not restart anything. Opened factory talk and it worked. All of this happened when i tried to open an mer file directly from my desktop rather than opening from the factory talk list and got an error message something about unable to open. I can only open stuff from inside the factory talk directory....not sure why