Little problem with the minus sign to send position to a servo controller:

userxyz

Hi,

I have a Little problem with the minus sign.

The actual postion works fine but the send position doesn't arrive well in the drive.

So, my code for the actual position is:

Code:
        #TEMP_VARS.REC_POS_DWORD := ROL(
                                   IN := #PN_POS_ACT_D,
                                   N := 16);
                                   #TEMP_VARS.REC_POS_DINT := DWORD_TO_DINT(#TEMP_VARS.REC_POS_DWORD);
                                   #STD.RESULT."GRAPH RET"."ACT POS" := DINT_TO_REAL(#TEMP_VARS.REC_POS_DINT) / 10.0;

This works perfectly, when I control the axis manually below zero, this is correct.

But when I send with the following code to the drive, the position is the drive below zero is completely rubbish:

Code:
        #PN_POS_SET_D := ROL(
                             IN := DINT_TO_DWORD(ROUND(#STD.CMD."GRAPH CMD"."POS SET" * 10.0)),
                             N := 16);

I allready tried conversion from REAL_TO_DWORD, but that wasn't a succes either.

Owyeah, the ROL is because there is a word swap, the drive is a Lenze.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Gerry

Nothing wrong with your code with the test data I used.

Set a known position of -0.2 which converts to FFFEFFFF for the data you send to the drive and should be FFFFFFFE in the drive. Compare this bit pattern with the "rubbish" you see in the drive - there must be a correlation that you can see.

lenze.jpg

Hello

Hello,

An amazing thank you for doing the test. Yes I will do the test with minus 0,2 tomorow. Thanks for the advice. I'll give feedback here afterwards, thank you.

Kind regards,
Gerry

Nothing wrong with your code with the test data I used.

Set a known position of -0.2 which converts to FFFEFFFF for the data you send to the drive and should be FFFFFFFE in the drive. Compare this bit pattern with the "rubbish" you see in the drive - there must be a correlation that you can see.