Wonderware "Item" tagging for SLC500 tags

remullis

I am needing to add some tags in WW and I am new on creating tags within the
"Item" for SLC50). Example, I am looking at a address N17:12/5 and in WW it is pointed to N17:172/05. Looks like I need to use another format for my new addressing. If it is a binary conversion or octal is there a conversion chart, etc.

Thanks
REM

Sounds like the bits in the word N17:12 are being used in the program logic and then being buffered in N17:172 to prevent asynchronous updates for the HMI display.

The item names in WW should be the same as in the SLC. There is no conversion required.

I thought they should be the same I simulated this with a new tag and had no problem.

I cant see any information written to the odd tag numbers and they all show unused. I will just create them as I normally would.

Thanks
RM