PLC GE-Fanuc can Online Edit Program while CPU Run Time ?

alpine

Dear Everyone

I work with PLC GE-Fanuc. But I don't know that

"PLC GE-Fanuc (Series 90-30 and VersaMax) can Online Edit Programming
while CPU Runtime ?"

I used to work with PLC Allen-Bradley and I knonw that Allen-Bradley
can Online Edit Programming while CPU Run Time.

But for PLC GE-Fanuc, I don't know. Please inform me about Online Edit Programming of PLC GE-Fanuc

Thank You

The GE-Fanuc PLC line was sold to Emerson a few years ago.

The 90-30 and VersaMax do not have online editing, but you can download changes to the 90-30 while it is running. The VersaMax depends on the model and version of firmware as to whether it can download while running.

The newer Rx3i line has online editing.

If you want to save to flash memory, you will have to stop the PLC for all types.

Thank You dYoast

Before I post this question, I unintentionally online edit program by change instruction in Ladder (from ONDTH to TMR).
Then all ladders colour change to pink colour !

In my understand as your described ;

1. I can download edited program into CPU again ?
2. I must stop CPU before download ?

Do I understand correct ?

Last edited:
Yes, you can edit online if not making hardware configuration.

You will also need to verify how you are using the flash memory if your CPU supports it. It maybe configured to "always load from flash".
Why? If you edit online, it is not saved to the flash memory. You will have to stop the CPU then download and verify you are also downloading to FLASH Memory also.

Thank You Netnathan
As your described
If I would like to download to FLASH memory, I must stop CPU before downloading.
If I would not like to download to FLASH memory, No need to stop CPU !

And I have read about hardware of PLC GE-Fanuc ;
RAM memory need to use battery to store programming data when power turn off.
But FLASH memory no need to use battery.