Powerflex 527 CiP drive and Safety Signature

PiperJohn

I swapped out a PF 527 drive that has been giving me occasional faults.
I replaced with a new 527, assigned its IP and gateway and cycled power.

When it powered up I could go online with controller via Studio5000 but had an I/O fault (blinking green light) and lost communication to all the drives. They all had the little yellow exclamation mark next to them.

I recall that this has something to do with the safety signature not being assigned to the new drive.

Problem is I can't connect to any module in order to change it.

Anyone care to shed some light on the procedure of how to reset this mod fault?

I ended up just putting the bad drive back in until I figure this out.

Thanks

Search 520-UM002C-EN-E for the PF-527 manual. Chapter 3 should have all the info you need. Could be a power structure mismatch, or need to set compatible module for electronic keying.

Thanks I'll take a look.
It's a 5380 safety controller so I thought it was it wasn't seeing the safety signature in the new drive.

To answer my own question;
Yes, I/O fault was caused by Safety network number.

Right click drive replaced to open module, click box with dots (...) under general tab, then click set. Yes, to accept. Then cycle power to the drive.