Analog signal Wiring from TB to PLC IO Card

sherin21

Hi,

Do we need to use shielded cable from TB to IO card. In my case cables coming from field is connected to a surge protector and then to a HART multiplexer and from their to IO card. Should the connection from Multiplexer to IO card should be shielded? Only the signal wire is going from Multiplexer to IO. Please advise. Thanks

It depends on what is switching on/off around the machine. (Enviroment) As a general rule, I will always specify shielded cable.

Regards,

Yes, as a rule, analogue cabling should be shielded. With only one end of the shield grounded.

Grounding at both could potentially introduce circulating ground currents.

Similar Topics

Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty new to PLC's, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology and whatnot. We have an issue at work where we have a flow meter that is...
Replies
Views
I need assistance in the form of some example programs pertaining to analog read and write. Thanks in advance. Sangli
Replies
Views
Hello folks, Hope everyone is doing well. I am a beginner at working in analog signals with PLC Analog module: 1769-IF4 ( 4 analog inputs ) PLC...
Replies
Views
I need to change my program to increase a IP transducer by 0.5 psi every 5 seconds. I am making a automated pressure tester using a pump, IP...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom