RSlogix 5000: How to delete unused tasks

invitti

Hi,
I'm trying to delete the tasks as shown in the picture attached, but I am not having success. I looked at some articles on this forum and follow, but still had no success.​

Somebody could help me?
Regards

Luiz Invitti​

tasks.jpg

RSlogix 5000: Delete tasks

I made several attempts as shown in the picture attched, but had no success,. already erased the tags but still can not delete the task. In the case of tasks Medidores_Coriolis and Filtros_Automaticos_DLs, I can not switch to unscheduled tasks.​

ladder2.jpg

You can't delete online if anything is referring to the programs you are trying to delete. That includes any tag that may have been on an HMI scan somewhere.

You cannot delete any routine in a program that is still 'Configured' to run inside of that program. Right click on "Modbus_interface", pick configuration tab, look what is in the "Main" box. Inhibit it, remove from main, delete.

Your other program, "Meddores_Coriolis" is probably similarly scheduled to run in the main cyclical task.

Well, well, live and learn. I managed to create a couple of unwanted programs under MainTask and was at my wits' end to get rid of them. I'd never have thought of placing them under unscheduled by myself, and the help file is no help at all.

I've found this and many more solutions on this forum, often through google. So keep up the good work, all you who have an answer, many more than the original poster get to benefit. I only wish those would give a return note too.

This is an old thread, so I don't know of the original poster solved his problem or not. It appears he was getting programs confused with tasks. However, I ran into the same problem with Tasks when I translated an old PLC5 program to CLX. The translator created a task for every routine for some reason and instead of re-doing the translation, I moved all the routines to the main task. However, instead of a bunch of JSR's, the main routine had a bunch of event instructions calling all of the tasks that had been created. So I had to change all of those to JSR's calling all the routines. After I did that, I could delete the un-needed tasks. I hope this helps anyone out there scratching his head over this.

BTW, manasi, there is no such thing as an unscheduled task folder, only unscheduled programs.

Last edited:
Hey guys I know this is an old post.
I wanted to ask a question about deleting a program from the "Unscheduled Programs" folder.

I tried this
look what is in the "Main" box. Inhibit it, remove from main, delete

but it didn't allow me to delete the program.

to back up and explain what I did to get to this point was I copied the program, I was going to make some changes to this program so I wanted a backup in case something went wrong. I dragged this into the "unscheduled programs" folder so now I would like to delete it since i dont need it no longer.

Is the reason I can't delete this program is because I make a copy of it, even though its located in the "unscheduled programs" folder??

Thanks,

is the reason I cant delete the program from the Unscheduled Tasks folder is were it is a copy and the tags are copied also and these tags are being used?

thanks

Deleting a program is notoriously difficult. You will have to make sure:
- All routines have been deleted from the program
- The program is unscheduled
- All program scoped tags are deleted

After that I think you should be able to delete it.

Solution:
1.-I passed the program folder to unschedule task,
2.-I deleted the program from each unschedule folder (the option to delete the "Program tags" icon did not enable yet).
3.-I just deleted all the tags from the Tab "Edit tags" of each "Program tags" contained inside of each unschedule task folder, then the option giving right click to the icon is enabled and it allows me to delete the Untask program folder

And ready Apply this for all unschedule task folder

Delete tags.jpg

Last edited: