FTView "Out of Service" error when saving graphics

phuz

FTView SE 8.2 Distributed environment

I'm modifying some graphics on a couple HMI servers that sit on different physical machines. When trying to save the graphic, I get the error:
The server 'HMIServerName' in area 'RNA://$Global/ApplicationName/AreaName' is out of service.

I found this TechNote which talks about file permissions, but the permissions are OK, and I changed the Logon time to 0, as the note suggests.
And just as the note mentions, a file containing a bunch of arbitrary characters is generated instead of saving the original file.
For example, header.gfx doesn't get saved, but header_new_27bb6e4d-5c27-4aef-bb13-ce28948fbee6 gets created.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40564

WAG - Can you reboot those servers? When I worked with FT a reboot could solves some issues.

WAG - Can you reboot those servers? When I worked with FT a reboot could solves some issues.

I've rebooted the HMI servers, but not the directory, but I just now rebooted the directory and still getting the same error.

Last edited:
Here's the fix:

Go into your Program Files / Rockwell Software / RSView Enterprise and double click RSViewWebManager.exe.

Something to do with re-syncing users for IIS.