I have retired!

I am 67. It is time.
I have a truck/camper. I have a Ram 3500 dually and a Arctic Fox 990. I will travel around looking for a good place to retire to. So far Washington state has been OK but I am willing to move.

You finally committed huh? I'm sure it was tough to step away from the company you built, congrats! When one of my previous bosses retired, he was living in Scappoose, ended up in northern California and seems to enjoy it there. Similar to you, he searched around for a bit in his RV before settling down.

I would suggest Tasmania! Will you be able to retire properly Peter, have you sold your business, or are you possible kidding yourself and can go back to work, when you decide sitting around doing nothing isn't for you.
A lot of people retire and they don't have good enough hobbies to keep them amused (always on PLC forums, ha,ha), me l have been sought of retired since 51 years (60 in 5 weeks), more money would be good, but l don't need work to make me fulfilled.
Best of health and enjoyment in your retirement. Too many people die just after retiring, suggest you get your health checked if you aren't already on top of it, get a PSA test if you haven't done yet as well (am l sounding like your wife).
Best wishes, Kevin

Peter I am now 77 and still doing the business - leaving young guys in my wake. I hope you can handle from full on to nothing - I could not do that. Have had a few friends who stopped - no need to say what happened to them I think. I wish you well and hope all turns out well for you. I cannot stop - a day or two away kills me looking for something to do.

Happy retirement Peter, but keep your body and mind active in any of the way you enjoy

Congratulations Peter, I look forward to following you someday. Let us know where you settle, post pictures, etc. (assuming there is internet).

If you get a chance, check out McCall, Idaho: small mountain for great skiiing in the winter and decent lake in the summer with a music festival (that may or not be too crowded, but you can always take off in the RV for that).

I am 67. It is time.
I have a truck/camper. I have a Ram 3500 dually and a Arctic Fox 990. I will travel around looking for a good place to retire to. So far Washington state has been OK but I am willing to move.

What sort of Truck/Camper have you got ?

Congratulations....

Enjoy your retirement. Hope you continue to offer your valuable insight here since you may have a little more spare time. :)

Best of luck on your future endeavors and thank you for all your contributions to the community!
Fair to say i did not understand all the content of your post but i picked up some bits an pieces over the years.

Hopefully you will remember us and check in on us again from time to time!

First congrats Peter!

I think it all depends on what you are looking for, there are too many people on the west coast for me thats one of the reasons I moved also too many liberals and not enough sun shine up north, I have been in NC about a year now and love it but again... a lot of people from NY and FL are hear... I lived in SC for 20ish years and you get use to saying hello, opening the door, stopping and asking if they need help when you see a car broke down on the road or asking a neighbor for a hand if you need help

The summer time climate up in the hills here is the BEST but winter is a little on the cold side, I have a few neighbors that head south during the winter

There are a lot of out door activities here and a few large cities not that far away

Congratulations.

I semi-retired several years ago, and don't regret it. I suggest you keep your hand in for a bit to ease the transition. I find I enjoy serving as a consultant, writing articles for the trade press, and teaching occasional guest lectures and continuing education classes at UW Madison. I find the teaching and mentoring particularly gratifying.

Congrats Peter, I think you deserve to enjoy a long and healthy retirement. I also hope you do keep hopping in here from time to time as I very much enjoy your well thought out posts, particularly where math is involved.

As for where and how to live, here's a thought. A few years ago I visited Canada with my family. We rented an RV from a lovely retired couple. They very much enjoyed the summer climate (near one of the big lakes, hence not too hot) in what had been their home town for their entire working life, with nearby friends and family. They had had their fair share of the harsh Canadian winters so in the cold months they had their neighbours and kids look after the house and traveled in the RV, at a leasurely pace, to Arizona which apparently had a very comfortable winter climate. By the end of winter they took another route back up north, again taking it easy and making short day trips and enjoying the gradual change of scenery. Never the same route from one year to the other, always taking their time to enjoy the trip and the people they met along the way.

Not implying you should do they same, just saying you don't need to choose one place and stick there for the entire year if your rv is large and comfortable enough to live in for a bit longer than a two week vacation.

Congratulations on your retirement Peter.

Hope you find everything you look for, and wish you a happy and healthy retirement !