Boiler steam pressure

It would depend on exactly how your boiler is configured. Higher atmospheric pressure = higher boiling temperature and vice versa.

And if the boiler is a closed system, using the steam to create vacuum and steam tracing. Should we be measuring gauge pressure or absolute pressure of the steam?

I am no boiler expert at all. Hopefully someone who has more experience can chime in.

I suspect a absolute gauge would yield a wider range of information for you to consider.

What is your operating pressure?

Most times the slight difference in atmospheric pressure isn't going to make much difference.

you do not have to calculate in absolute pressure. Just every printed steam table I have used works in absolute.

What are you trying to figure out?

The online steam tables work for gauge or absolute.

Yeah I noticed that as well.

I'm trying to understand why does absolute pressure hv to be measured for pressure compensation on a flowmeter.
The boiler is a closed system and atmospheric pressure has no influence on the steam pressure from the boiler.

I believe you just need to convert the gauge pressure to absolute for the flowmeter.

The flowmeter my be able to work at below atmospheric. Maybe the built-in calculations want to work in absolute.

I believe so too.

Is there any reason why absolute pressure is the preferred method?

Maybe I'm thinking about it incorrectly but since the boiler is a closed loop, gauge pressure(line pressure) should be measured instead. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure why it wants absolute.

Maybe the built in calculations are based on absolute. You should be able to just add 14.7 psi or 101.3 kPa to your gauge reading. Or I guess 1.013 bar.

That's exactly what I did.

But if absolute is what is needed, surely it's for an open loop system (eg. Kettle) where the steam is open to atmosphere