wincc flex fan animation

catalin78

Hello !

I need help to create a rotating fan , there are 2 frames of a fan in wincc flex , if anybody knows how to animate them .... or some other solutions :)

Thanks

Hi Catalin78

One of the way is draw a blade of desired size of fan by using paint of Microsoft.
Then import it in Wincc Flexible.
Now orient the blade on different angle and then make each blade visible in sequence of short intervals by writing a small PLC code.

thanks for reply , i can do that but i was looking for something locally in wincc flex so i can spare bandwith and load on cpu .
I have 30 rooms with fans .:)

There is an animated GIF in my signature (hint: there's BEER in it !). If you only use it for testing I dont think you will violate any copyrights. You can also try to google "free animated GIF".

Instead of using a PLC variable to control the picture change, you can set up an internal variable on the panel itself and use short scripting to set the change.

Hi dont know if this link helps because I am not registered on that forum but they have examples of bottles moving on a conveyor

www.automation.siemens.com/WW/forum/guests/PostShow.aspx?PostID=15186 - 127k -

Cheers

Realise I'm a bit late on this thread, but came across it whilst I was looking for tips on how to do the same thing :)

I'm running WinCC Flex 2008 and an MP277 touch.

I downloaded the MP277 sample project and in that project there is a Silo application where they're animating the fan.

When the screen is loaded they generate a Simulation Tag which switches on and off.

This tag was then used in a multiplexed tag to show whether the fan was running or not.

Simulate.jpg

I was looking for animation example for Wincc Flexible 2007 with no luck. but today i have found a solution. I think it must work with all panels which support scripts.

So i have placed in screen GraphicIO Field, created graphic list with 10 images
As process tag i have created AnimationByte tag.

To rotate AnimationByte values from 1 to 10 i've created script. In sheduler created job which start script on change screen.

Script:
Code:
Dim Sec,LastSec,LoopCount,LoopCount2, Speed, Counts_10ms
Speed=4                         ' rotation speed  10ms*4 = 40ms
If SmartTags("AnimationByte")<>0 Then Exit Sub  ' to prevent run sub multiple times
Do
	LoopCount=LoopCount+1
	Sec=Second(Now)
	If Sec<>LastSec Then 
		LastSec=Sec
		Counts_10ms=LoopCount/100
		LoopCount=0
	End If
	LoopCount2=LoopCount2+1
	If LoopCount2>=(Counts_10ms*Speed) Then 
		SmartTags("AnimationByte")=SmartTags("AnimationByte")+1
		If SmartTags("AnimationByte")>10 Then SmartTags("AnimationByte")=1 End If
		LoopCount2=0
	End If

Loop

So happy animating!

unfortunately, this endless loop blocks executing other scripts. Tags still updating ok.
Is there any command like "DoEvents"?

Looks to me like the Simulation Tag will do everything you are doing in your script. This is on my "to do" list when I get time. Flexible does some animations well but not others. I think the main thing it is lacking is a way to rotate items.

OT
I have been working on making animations in Solidworks showing different machine cycles. I can save these animations out to avi files but I can also save them as a series of images. When I get time I would like to take a series of these pictures and put them into a image list in WinCC Flexible then index through them using this simulation tag. I think it would make some nice animation on a HMI.

Hmm cant find Simulation Tag. I have wincc flexible 2007 version. I cant open siemens sample projects, tey all are 2008 version projects.
Is Simulation Tag aviable only in version 2008?