Hi Guys,

I have a problem with an Application.

Factory Talk View ME 6.0 and 6.1
PVP 700 FRM 5.10
RSLinx Enterprise 5.40
Compact Logix L43S Version 18

While I create the Panel View Application it comes up with this Message:

*** Start RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

WARNING: Unsupported device detected. Shortcut name = "PLC". Device name = "1768-L43S LOGIX5343 SAFETY".
Description: The system has detected that a device type that was not supported in the requested version is referenced by a shortcut.
If the system upon which this project is to be run has received a patch that adds support for this device type, then this situation
will not cause any problems. Otherwise runtime errors will be detected and logged by the target system when it attempts to communicate to that device.

*** End RSLinx Enterprise Conversion Messages ***

Validation completed with warnings. The runtime application has been created.
CAUTION: Running this application might produce errors at runtime.

Can anyone Help please :rolleyes:

Is the error when you create the app or the runtime app? If it is when you creating the runtime app, are you changing the version created from 6.1 to 5.1?

I got the same warning with a v19 L43S controller and FTView 6.0 and 6.10 and have been able to safely ignore the warnings. RSLinx Enterprise has hard-coded hardware identification and has not caught up with the CompactLogix safety controllers.

Yes it happens while I create the runtime application

and Yes I set it to 5.10.

Maybe I have to install FT ME 5.10 ???

And Enterprise 5.10 ????

I would follow Ken's advice first (unless this is an extremely dangerous application) and ignore the error and test the system. What Ken is saying is that RSLinx Enterprise is not updated to include the newest hardware identification for the newest controllers. This doesn't mean it can't talk to them, it just means that it knows they aren't "on the list" of known controllers as far as RSLinx Enterprise is concerned. I seriously doubt that an older version of Enterprise would do you any good.

I got the same warning with a v19 L43S controller and FTView 6.0 and 6.10 and have been able to safely ignore the warnings. RSLinx Enterprise has hard-coded hardware identification and has not caught up with the CompactLogix safety controllers.

Same problem with the 1756-L7X series and PV Plus Compact.

Are you browsing online for the tags? Doing it this way will narrow down the possibility that it is a maping problem. I'm sure that you know to copy the design route to the runtime as well. You might have two problems here. It might be as the Ken said and you have an Enterprise maping issue.

Not sure but would updating the firmware in the controller to version 19 help? Is it possible to upgrade the firmware in the PV as well?

Last edited:
Upgrades or firmware changes are unlikely to make a difference. As I mentioned, I have seen the exact same error message with the most up-to-date firmware and software for both the CompactLogix Safety controller (19.11) and FactoryTalk View / RSLinx Enterprise (6.10 / 5.40).

It's a warning, not a fault or error. My system is running properly with the L43S controller and two PV+ version 6.10 terminals.

Troubleshoot one problem at a time. The validation Warning is a good place to start, but the runtime errors are a more definite problem.

Test run the application on the development PC and examine the error messages that show up in the FactoryTalk View Studio diagnostic window.