CIP Generic Micrologix 1100 to Endress Flowmeter no communication.

can you post the N value (values? there may be two; hexadecimal would be best), and what the corresponding float value should be?

Protip: while Windows Snipping Tool and Microsoft Paint are fine, I love the inexpensive FastStone Capture tool for taking and annotating screenshots. Folks are much more likely to read your posts if they don't have to manipulate the images to read them.

I may be particularly grouchy about it because I have a stiff neck. :)

I admit I'm not familiar enough with CIP Generic Messaging in the MicroLogix 1100 Series B to say if there's a way to natively put data into a Float data file.

But the standard way to work around it is to use the Copy Word (CPW) instruction. That's a MicroLogix-specific instruction that can copy data bit-by-bit between Integer or Long data types and Float datatypes. You might have to swap bits or words, though I would expect an E+H device to use an A-B compatible data order.

But the standard way to work around it is to use the Copy Word (CPW) instruction. That's a MicroLogix-specific instruction that can copy data bit-by-bit between Integer or Long data types and Float datatypes. You might have to swap bits or words, though I would expect an E+H device to use an A-B compatible data order.

+1; this is what I was hinting at.

I’ve decided I’m going to leave it as is for now. I’m way too busy to fiddle around with this thing. The operators don’t need the flow on the HMI anyway they can read it directly off the flowmeter. Next year when I go into this station to replace the pump control instead of tying it into this micrologic I’m just gonna replace it with a micro 820. I don’t want to jump through hoops just to get a Flowmeter to talk to something especially on a controller that’s going to be obsolete in a couple years anyway. But I really appreciate you guys for the input.