fault code=001h Reason???

sultanahmed

Dear All,

I am working on machine in which Allen bradley SLC 5/03 CPU (1747-L531E) is installed,i am having error again and again don't know why?? Each time i got error fault code=001h
when i try to go online no program available after that i download program then PLC goes normal,after a week got same error.
i checked battery which is ok
after each download PLC works fine.

What exact error reason is this??CPU?? Battery??power supply??any module??? :confused::
please help

Error is attached

error1.png

Last edited:
You don't say how long this has been occurring...

If the battery is good it should not matter if the PS had a blip as far as keeping the program intact.

Check all your PS connections though, cycle power on purpose and see what happens.

Rarely seen in my experience but perhaps you have a flaky Processor or PS

.... or a module in the chassis pulling the PS down momentarily because of something connected or a programmed activity the module is doing. It may not be as random as you think, See what is taking place with the PLC, connected I/O etc. when this happens.

Can you connect anything to the plc to monitor power to see if it drops momentarily?

Last edited:
Well that is interesting and I would not dispute it but I did say

"in my experience but perhaps you have a flaky Processor or PS"

Always good to start with a PS but I would not have guessed that alone considering the battery is good. Never seen a processor loose the program because the PS went dead.

But thanks for the tip!

What exact error reason is this??CPU?? Battery??power supply??any module???

ANY OUTPUT

We had a similar issue that was caused by an alarm/buzzer directly wired to an output that was internally shorted pulling down the power supply causing the processor to fault. It was difficult to troubleshoot because the alarm/buzzer was intermittent, once every week or so. After disconnecting the buzzer the faults went away.

You might want to inventory all hardware devices that ARE NOT isolated, any questionable devices directly connected to outputs should be isolated with a relay as a standard.

Last edited: