Anybody use a Groov Epic yet?

Opto is hyping these like crazy but I'm wondering what the experiences are of someone whose actually installed and commissioned one in the real world.

At first glance it looks like a PLC that a cubicle-warrior in the IT department would come up with. Chock-full of that "secure" connectivity and control they want, but actual machine control seems like an afterthought. From their marketing materials it looks like they intend this to be more of a central hub for sensors that the CEO can see on his phone at the airport than something that is actually good for controlling machines and processes.

Originally posted by kallileo:

...but it can run Codesys so it the must be good for control too.

That just means it can do potentially bad things in a very deterministic manner very fast.

Having the fastest saw doesn't necessarily mean you will make the correct cut.

Keith