CompactLogix L35e and Micro 820/850

Oliver Micka

Hi all.
I need litle help.
I need connected Micro 850 ( 2080-LC50-24QWB) to a Main PLC (CompactLogix L35e) and send/recieve data throught Ethernet.
I have a several informtion : How make it.
In my CPU i have MSG instructions for read and write data with Micro850.

I tried change my old processor to a new processor only for test ( same type L35e ), but situation is the same.

But If i change processor to a "newer"L33ERM or L36ERM, everything seems OK. Comm between Micro850 and L33/36ERM was excelent and fast.

I used a same settings MSG instructions.
But L35e - still error " connection failure" in the RsLogix

Does anybody know, why CLX L35e cant send/recieve data throught ethernet with Micro 800 series?
Info:
CPU FW: 20.19

Just a guess but what series is the L35e? if its a series A that may have been the improvements made to a series B but I am not sure

There is a detailed RA Knowledgebase document that you have probably already read that describes configuration of MSG instructions in a Logix-family controller to target a Micro 800 series controller.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/520228

Examine the selection for "connected" message on the Communications Path tab. I believe that it must be "unconnected" for older CompactLogix.

There is a detailed RA Knowledgebase document that you have probably already read that describes configuration of MSG instructions in a Logix-family controller to target a Micro 800 series controller.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/520228

Examine the selection for "connected" message on the Communications Path tab. I believe that it must be "unconnected" for older CompactLogix.

I have tested MSG config for L33/L36, i believe that is the same config for all Logix CPU family. That is why i used the same config for proccessor L35e.
Nothing.
I tried use many address for a Path.
The standard Ethernet address for Logix CPU´s is " 2 " - for example: 2, 192.168.0.1.

If i change address to any number ( from 0 to 7 -I know, it is a nonsens, but i tried everything ) - nothing gonna happen - i have still communication error.