Siemens S5 135U Peripheral I/O Addressing in OPC Server

shady_yehia

Hi there.. I'm building a SCADA application with an old Siemens S5 928-135U plc.. i'm using an OPC Server from SoftwareToolBox..

The proplem is that all addresses of the analoge channels of the plc are in the Peripheral I/O area (e.g. TPW128,TPW130) and so on. But the OPC Server doesn't support these addresses. can any body tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance..

/agree Andybutcher

Create a "shadow" data block or two, and reference that from your SCADA system.

In the PLC logic, copy all of your Periperal inputs to an "Input Shadow DB (area)", and copy your writes from the SCADA System from an "Output Shadow DB (area)" to the actual output words.

As a general rule, I do that with almost all of our SCADA/PLC systems; that is, never refer directly to any physical I/O area from the SCADA system. I've never considered it a good idea especially to have an external device writing directly to my output tables.

Thank You Guys for your help last time.. But another problem just came on the way.

I'm reading all tags very well, but i can't write data to any memory adderess in the data blocks or the flags area. why is that?

remember that i'm using the AS511 Programming port protocol and an OPC server from softwaretoolbox.

I am not sure about this as I have only used OPC to read data from a PLC. Are the tags you are reading defined as read/write or are they defined as read only in the OPC server software? This maybe the problem. Another thing, if you establish a new tag and you write to it using the scada, do you see the changing status of the bit or word in the PLC?

Andrew Butcher