Mitsubishi instruction to Rslogix equivalent

Romix

Hi, I have always worked with Rslogix500 and I'm working on a project migrating the code from an old mitsubishi FX64MR to and slc505.
I'm having trouble finding equivalent for the following instruction:
----||----[ROL D3 K1] (The open contact is a bit M98)
Out of the manual, this instruction is rotating left one bit at a time (K1) the number stored at D3 (16 bits number, which changes all the time). Every time M98 receives a pulse the number is shifted to the left.
The only instruction that comes to mind on Rslogix is BSL (bit shift left) as its very similar to what they do; the problem is that if I use it, it would look like this:
File: N7:55 (this can be integer or a word for ex. B3:0)
Control: R6:0
Bit address: (I dont know what to put here as I would usually set the bit that will be writing the high states into the BSL instruction) But the mitsubishi instruction does not "record" from a bit, it just shifts one bit at a time every time M98 makes a pulse.
Length: 16 (bits)
Is there another instruction more suitable for this?
Thank you in advance for your time

Hi, I have always worked with Rslogix500 and I'm working on a project migrating the code from an old mitsubishi FX64MR to and slc505.
I'm having trouble finding equivalent for the following instruction:
----||----[ROL D3 K1] (The open contact is a bit M98)
Out of the manual, this instruction is rotating left one bit at a time (K1) the number stored at D3 (16 bits number, which changes all the time). Every time M98 receives a pulse the number is shifted to the left.
The only instruction that comes to mind on Rslogix is BSL (bit shift left) as its very similar to what they do; the problem is that if I use it, it would look like this:
File: N7:55 (this can be integer or a word for ex. B3:0)
Control: R6:0
Bit address: (I dont know what to put here as I would usually set the bit that will be writing the high states into the BSL instruction) But the mitsubishi instruction does not "record" from a bit, it just shifts one bit at a time every time M98 makes a pulse.
Length: 16 (bits)
Is there another instruction more suitable for this?
Thank you in advance for your time

when the mitsi does the [ROL], I think it "ROLls" bit 15 to bit 0 of D3.

See here, page App-26:

xxx.png

So so I think N7:55/15 would be the [Bit address] of the BSL control, or maybe even N7:55/16 = N7:56:0 and make the length be 17, or it's also possible that control.UL might work instead, depending on when the BSL retrieves the bit.

For sanity's sake and to remove all ambiguity, it's reasonable to duplicate N7:55/15 to another location unaffected by that BSL, before executing that BSL.

Update:

From the BSL instruction description here (SLC 500 Instruction Set):
For wraparound operation, set the position of the bit address to the last bit of the array or to the UL bit, whichever applies.
What the dickens does "whichever applies" mean?

Heh, I wonder which it is? I can test on a MicroLogix 1100.

Last edited:
Heh, it can be either.

Believe it or not, I already had some BSL test code in my 1100.

Counter values being greater than 16 verify (more or less) that the single 1 bit has wrapped around in both methods.

N7:55/0

bsl_test_n7_55_0.png

R6:0.UL

bsl_test_r6_0_ul.png

Thank you for even taking the time to test it and making sure it does the trick. I can't thank you enough. Now I can finally keep going with this, I had been breaking my head with this for hours. (y)

Thank you for even taking the time to test it and making sure it does the trick. I can't thank you enough. Now I can finally keep going with this, I had been breaking my head with this for hours. (y)

Glad to help, but note that I used a MicroLogix 1100 and the freebie RSLogix Micro Starter Lite, not a SLC5/05 and RSLogix 500, so YMMV and you should test first.