Kinetix6500 at Torque Limit?

taylor1982

Hello,

I have a application where I accelerate/deccelerate tires mounted at a spindle. That tires can be different sizes with different inertia. For that application I use a JOG command (MAJ)

Right now I tuned my system (Speed, ACC, DCC for the MAJ command) that it works good for the biggest tire with the hightest inertia without getting any position or speed error.

Now there is the request that every size of tire should be accelerated/deccelerated "as fast as possible".
Is there a way to let the drive run at the "torque limit"?
Or are there any other suggestions to do that?

Thanks a lot!

I'm assuming that the machine doesn't know what size tire is loaded? Otherwise, you could have different accel, decel etc for different tires.

You might try opening up (increasing) your PositionErrorTolerance and your VelocityErrorTolerance to avoid the position and velocity error faults.