Analog input conversion

Need a lot more info.
What PLC are you using?
What Analog card are you using?
What type of signal? 4-20, 1-5v, 0-10v?

You need to provide at least two more pieces of information. First the minimum and maximum raw or proportional values. Second, the minimum and maximum values of pounds corresponding to those two raw values. Ok, I guess that's four pieces of information.
That will allow someone to give you an example of how to perform the scaling operation. With information requested by Bullzi, someone can come up with how to do it with the equipment you're using.

You need to provide at least two more pieces of information. First the minimum and maximum raw or proportional values. Second, the minimum and maximum values of pounds corresponding to those two raw values. Ok, I guess that's four pieces of information.
That will allow someone to give you an example of how to perform the scaling operation. With information requested by Bullzi, someone can come up with how to do it with the equipment you're using.

Analog input card 1769 AB
0-10V
min pounds 5lb
max pounds 100 lb
max => 31206 raw/p data
min => -31206 raw/p data

From the manual that I looked at for the 1769 Analog I/O your range is:
0V = 0 Counts
10V = 31206 Counts

So if you are using a CompactLogix PLC you can download the SCLP AOI from the Rockwell website and use that. If you are using a ML1500 you will have the SCLP instruction available to you.

These instructions will scale your 0-31206 to 5-100lbs you are asking for.

From the manual that I looked at for the 1769 Analog I/O your range is:
0V = 0 Counts
10V = 31206 Counts

So if you are using a CompactLogix PLC you can download the SCLP AOI from the Rockwell website and use that. If you are using a ML1500 you will have the SCLP instruction available to you.

These instructions will scale your 0-31206 to 5-100lbs you are asking for.
---------------------------------------------

That is a good information i appreciate the effort.
this in case of min and max (lbs)
what if i want to convert volt to pound
so when i press on the scale it measure in volts over my analog input card.
will SCLP instruction help as well?

If 0V = 0 raw = 5lb

&

10V = 31206 raw = 100lb

then

lbs = (raw * 95 / 31206) + 5

Last edited: