Siemens S7 FB41 cont c

sean mark

Hello
I am trying to understand the operation and all the parameters required for setting up the FB 41 block, I have read the Siemens manuals but I am still a bit confused. My process is pretty simple, I have a room temperature transmitter (4-20mA) that controls the operation of a cold glycol diverting valve with 0-10vdc control and position signals. I have to control the room temperature at between -5degC to +10 degC (operator selects temperature setpoint via HMI). Any help would be helpful.

Cheers

Sean

sean mark said:
Hello
I am trying to understand the operation and all the parameters required for setting up the FB 41 block, I have read the Siemens manuals but I am still a bit confused. My process is pretty simple, I have a room temperature transmitter (4-20mA) that controls the operation of a cold glycol diverting valve with 0-10vdc control and position signals. I have to control the room temperature at between -5degC to +10 degC (operator selects temperature setpoint via HMI). Any help would be helpful.

Cheers

Sean

Hi Sean,

In the attachement you can see a test with PID project. There is an emulated heater process in it, so that you don't have to connect anything to see the PID work !!.

U can use the Siemens PID Tool to optimize your process:
PIDparam.JPG

If u use this, make sure that you can go online, choose ONLINE in this tool and open your DB41 (the online PID DATA). Then you can optimize grafically.

If I remember correctly, if you require cooling instead of heating then set a negative figure in the proportional gain.

hi there
I was trying the project attached by the combo
Problem is am able to open the DB41 in the "PID Control" but cannot get online.
Iam simulating the project in the PLCSIM.

Ok

manmeetvirdi said:
hi there
I was trying the project attached by the combo
Problem is am able to open the DB41 in the "PID Control" but cannot get online.
Iam simulating the project in the PLCSIM.

I does work in simulation, I'm sure. When you open the 'PID Control' you need to check the online first, then browse the online DB41