I have a FX3U48M Delema

Ok. I've looked the program and it is relatively simple, but it has communication with other PLC. It has 13 sequences if I counted good, including start and stop.
Application is mostly controling the output Y007 by checking the state of inputs X001, X005, X015, X016, X020, X021, X022, X025, X026. So to return to previously written, I would first check the thing I wrote you in previous post, and if you don't obtain anything from that then check write us what are inputs X001, X005, X015, X016, X020, X021, X022, X025, X026 and we can then proceed with help.

Here is a video of the Y007 rung? if I am saying that right when a unit is going over the photo eyes. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AqV1Z1yKcZ_3gjtdNqa6WPL3GNYD

COM 1,2 and3 are connected to the -24V or 0V I put my OHM meter on Y7 and COM2 at first when Y7 came on it would beep for a second then stop even thou the light was still on like it is closing and opening. Then it would not beep even thou the light was on all the other outputs would have a steady beep when they would light up.

As for them numbers
PX001 is the photo eye that after the unit moves off the lift it will hit that sensor so it knows it can drop for another unit.
PX016 Is the Photo eye that is right before the lift the lift that we are having problems with.
PX005 is the magnetic sensor that is on the top of the air cylinder that transfers a unit to a side conveyor after the lift.
PX022 is the bottom sensor that is on the are cylinder that lifts the unit to the top conveyor.
PX015 is the first sensor in the for the system that lets it know let it threw to the lift.
PX020,25 and 26 are the Photo eyes that are on the lift with the belts.
So I guess The unit first hits PX016 then it goes over PX026,25 and 20 if there is something in the sensor PX015 after the lift the lift will go up and the unit will hit PX001 then the lift will go back down. If there is nothing over the sensor PX015 after the lift the unit will hit well PX015

Greg, hey and welcome to the forum!!
I was noticing goghie had mentioned several times about sourcing/sinking on the outputs/inputs. You had mentioned about having to use a jumper wire to get Y007 to work. I had some trouble one time regarding source/sink.

I have attached a good explanation about source/sink from Ron Beaufort. It has helped me a lot. Check your sensors and photo eyes and then your wiring as goghie suggested. If you already have this or know about it, then sorry for the bother. Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited:
I know this sounds too simple . . .
When Y7 is activated, does the Y7 terminal go to zero volts?
And, if Y7 does not go to zero volts, do com1, 2, and 3 remain at zero? Or does one of them go to +24 volts?
Poet.

rather Y7 is active or not it reads 0.0V and so does the com1,2, and 3 0.0V none of them read a positive. So what if the Y7 and com ports start to read Positive when activated.....

Ok I was over there checking again and Y7 was reading at -22.7 then at 22.7 when it was active and when it wasn't active when I had my tester one lead on Y7 and one lead on Neg-24 I wasn't doing that when I tested it earlier. even Y12 was reading the same but all the rest was at 0

Last edited:
Is this machine supposed to have plus and minus 24 Vdc?

Usually (at least in all the machines I know) there is only the one 24 Vdc supply.
Calling the minus side 'common' and taking all voltage readings with the
black lead there.

Is there any chance the 24 volts to the coil comes from one supply . . .
And the ground coming from Y7 is referenced to something else?
(That something else being isolated from the 24 volts on the relay coil.)

I don't know your PLC . . . but I know of a couple that have their own
24Vdc supply . . . and the panel could have an external 24 Vdc supply for
driving all the relays etc. etc. etc. If the PLC is isolated from the other
24 Vdc supply but it is 'expected' to provide a ground for the relay I can see
that not working too good.

I would suggest spending some quality time with the machine and the prints and 'see'
just how many 24 Vdc supplies there are and if they are supposed to be connected
together (grounds - or 0 volts) or not . . and how they are actually wired.
Poet.

Here's the thing we have no prints never did no diagrams nothing I know it's sad there is only one 24v converter that supplies the low voltage to a block and it jumps from there to everything else

What a cant understanding is why only y7 is not putting out the - and the rest are I changed the plc twice thinking it was a bad output wev had them before this was set up in 2006 by a Chinese team and when they left they didn't leave anything for us as in prints I have been here for 12 years most of the time they always flew in one of them program ers from China but they dont want to anymore lol

Corection There are two 24V converters one in the control box on the rack that supplies the low voltage there and the box that I am working in and the other one that is in the box that's controlling the robot/module that goes up and down the line and the lift that's down.

Let me ask this should there always be a resisters connected to the PLC's on these 4 lines that has more then one PLC linked together none of them have them like the rest of the lines but out of the four lines this is the only one messing up. Just a thought since we had a CCLink problem before and it was caused by the mismatched resisters. I dunno

This sounds more and more (to me) like the Y7 output is supposed to have a
'Zero volts' applied to one of the common points such that when Y7 is activated
it will then put that zero volts on its output to suck some current and activate
the relay. And that that zero volts is not there. (Or it is for a 24 volts with
nothing in common with the 24 volts powering the relay.)

I would check the manual on the processor, and ensure which common is supposed
to service Y7. Then power down the machine and use the ohm-meter to ensure
that the 'zero volts' for operating Y7 has continuity with the zero volts of the supply
providing 24 volts to the coil.

Could be something as silly as 'somebody' didn't strip back enough insulation or a wire came loose . . .

Poet.

Well it is definitely not the PLC or program I took the PLC from line 3 the one having problems with and put it on line one and it works fine with no problem so I put the one from line one that was working fine on line 3 and same problem Y7 still don't put out.