DVT Camera PRODUCT ID Select HELP!!!

POWER_PACKED

Hi everyone - I know this is not a PLC related question, but couldn't find a better suitable place to ask this question. I have a DVT Legend 500 Series Camera that I got set up, I am trying to check if an operator installed the correct type of bolts before the product gets fed to an auto torque station. I have got the soft sensors set up, and they work fine, For these two bolts I had to create two different products to inspect in the DVT, product 1 to check bolt1 and product 2 to check bolt2 I know its possible to switch between products "also called inspecting programs" using a 24V signal 0 for product 1 and 24VDC=1 for product 2. I have set up pin1 as my trigger pin2 as Pass pin3 as fail pin4 as Product ID bit 0. I don't seem to be able to switch between products while the camera is running! I don't know what I am missing, I read the FrameWork 2.7.3 software manual and I did exactly what was instructed. I am 100% the 24VDC I am sending is getting to the I/O board.

Anyone worked with DVT should know what I am talking about and should be able to help me "I hope" :D

Thank you,

I have never switched products during an inspection but mine haven’t needed it.

Guessing here….

Could you just run your two softsensors at the same time alone with positional sensors?

Did you turn the inspections on?

Also, go to DVT web site and sign up for the smart list. It is their version of a forum board.

Hope this helps,

Bob O.

Thanks for the reply - yes The inspection is ON,i am not so fluent with the DVT software, I am still finding my way around with the softsensors, I signed up for the smart list thu, and thank you for mentioning that. Hope can get an answer to this problem :D

Do you have any images save you could send to me? Good and bad.
I am kinda new but would like to see if I can help.

Thanks,
Bob O.

Attached are the Images, For Program1 I am using a Fixed Templete Sensor, and for Program 2 I am using an intensity sensor for counting the % of white area.
I am planning to trigger the camera at position1 to inspect boltX with program1, then trigger the camera again at position2 to inspect boltX with program2, both bolts are on the same part.

Thank you (y)

Power,

I don’t think I will be much help on this one being I am kinda new myself. I will keep an eye out on smart list for this problem.

Sorry,

Bob O.

PS ….I do have some Ideas but need to look at them more.

A couple of years ago we were using the 600 series and had a rash of failures with the I/O. I would have hoped that the design was improved for the Legend series. Its been a while since I've use Frameworks, I was mostly writing scripts, but can you verify the camera can read the input signals via some input monitoring function?

PS: I was changing programs via the scripts while the camera was running if thats any help.

I don't recall that you can select between 2 products just by toggling a single bit. What I remember is that you create a product ID number for each product, and use 2 inputs (for 2 products) to create a "match" of the ID for the product you are calling for. So your ID's would be something like 01 and 10, and you turn on/off the imputs that you defined to get the product you desire.

I have already predefined a product ID, 1 and 2, but I didn't try what you mentioned, I thought that for product ID 1 the binary input would be 0 and product ID 2 the binary input would be 1!! I will give it a shot today and I will let you know, Will define In-Product ID bit0 and bit1 as inputs and will toggle between them as product ID 1 --> 00 or as you mentioned 01
Product ID 2 --> 01 or as you mentioned 10

It would be funny if DVT set it up that way, I don't think is I should be wasting another input to toggle between two products! a single binary bit has two combinations, my guts are telling me it should be possible with only one input thu :unsure:
Appreciate the feedback, will try it and reply
Thank you

I'm rusty, as it has been over 2 years since I last did a vision job. I think they did it that way to increase the total number of products you could develop/select. I might also reccommend attending one of their training sessions in Atlanta. The training is free, lasts for 4 1/2 days, and every day at lunch they sit you down with their product developers for a Q & A and product improvement suggestion forum.

Hi, I have used some of the DVT products and there should be a product select bit that you have to cycle before it wil change programs.