Random number generator for PLC5

My random number generator has been writing numbers on a small piece of paper, then tossing into a hat that gets shook up a bit.

Seems to work. LOL

My random number generator has been writing numbers on a small piece of paper, then tossing into a hat that gets shook up a bit.

Seems to work. LOL

For a PLC you could do that once for say 32 numbers, and put them in a circular FIFO, and I'll bet no one would care.

For a PLC you could do that once for say 32 numbers, and put them in a circular FIFO, and I'll bet no one would care.

I do that for my house security lights on a 5/05.

An array of numbers for the minute, I put only numbers ending in 3 for one light and 7 for another light. (E.G. - 3, 13, 23, 33, 43, 53) I followed 2 rules - no number can be less than 20 from the day earlier, and no number can have been used for the last 2 days.

The lights don't turn on or off at :00, :15, :30 or :45, and don't turn at the same time daily, so they don't look like they are controlled.

I do change the ON hour throughout the year based on the average sunset time in Detroit.

I also have a security light in my bathroom that comes on randomly through the night for random lengths of time using the same array format. (I would rather have the neighbors think I have to get up every couple hours than think the house is empty)

I do that for my house security lights on a 5/05.

An array of numbers for the minute, I put only numbers ending in 3 for one light and 7 for another light. (E.G. - 3, 13, 23, 33, 43, 53) I followed 2 rules - no number can be less than 20 from the day earlier, and no number can have been used for the last 2 days.

The lights don't turn on or off at :00, :15, :30 or :45, and don't turn at the same time daily, so they don't look like they are controlled.

I do change the ON hour throughout the year based on the average sunset time in Detroit.

I also have a security light in my bathroom that comes on randomly through the night for random lengths of time using the same array format. (I would rather have the neighbors think I have to get up every couple hours than think the house is empty)

I hope the bad guys in your area are not reading this. LOL

I hope the bad guys in your area are not reading this. LOL

The people in my neighborhood mostly don't fall into the category of being classified as able to be 'reading', let alone even know how to spell PLC.

But, the lights are just for the looks - I have my own very complete security system being run by that 5/05 and 2 other 5/03's

Plus, my 'little puppy' weight 130 pounds and could take me down if I let him know he could.

The people in my neighborhood mostly don't fall into the category of being classified as able to be 'reading', let alone even know how to spell PLC.

Now thats funny....

From your signature "Location: Detroit, Michigan" I cant say much, thats where I was born :oops:

I was ignoring this 16+ year old thread but somehow I opened it today to realize that I have started it :) Don’t even remember why I needed it that time... I can only say that it was posted during my second week with my current employer.
Funny - I did no touch PLC5s for many years, but last two weeks was actually writing some Logix AOIs to talk to these.