Simatic OP17 CPU314C-2DP S7-300

The OP17 is absolutely ancient.
You dont have the program for the OP17.
You dont have the program for the S7 PLC.
Getting a 3rd party to look at it at 330$/hour.

That the Siemens tech asked for the source project is because any support without this is extremely difficult. So the 330 per hour will very quickly add up to an enormous sum.

It is a bad situation, I suggest that you contact the original machine manufacturer to either support the existing OP17, or to have them migrate the OP17 to a newer more uptodate panel.
Other than that, you are looking at reverse engineering the OP17 program, which is not impossible for an expert, but will be expensive when you dont have access to the source S7 project.

Update for everyone who has been trying to help me:
According to the machine service tech that has been here in our building since yesterday, this problem is possibly originating from the profibus cable, connectors, and/or a profibus module - ET-200X I think he said. Anyway, after cleaning up the connections at the inverter the saw now runs in spurts of about 2-3 hours before any error messages cause the saw to stop operating. At least the original error messages are all gone. So, whatever I find to keep things running without error messages, I will post here for inquiring minds.

Thanks to everyone who put in their two bits. :geek:

Update for this thread:

I have the equipment tech in and he was of very little help. He says that the problem seems to be in the profibus connectors. Of course he didn't have any with him and I didn't have any at the time either. I have since replaced3 of the 4 profibus connectors. The one I haven't replaced yet is a 6-pin connector connected to the ET200X Modules. I used the VIPA 972-0DP10 Easy connectors with the 4 LEDs on them. with the power on, the 2 connectors on the PLC(CPU314C-2DP) show the Power LED on solid, the TxD LED flashing, the TERM LED on solid(because the terminating switch is in the "ON" position), and the ERR LED off. That all seems to be right. The connector on the OP17 HMI is in the "OFF" position. If that is in the "ON" position i get a profibus DP error(I don't recall what the error number is when this happens; but, I can post that if someone needs to know it.) the cable for the OP17 is a short cable from the OP17 to the PLC (CPU module). from the other port on the CPU module that cable goes to the MicroMaster Inverter and then another cable goes from the Inverter to the ET200X Modules. the VIPA connector at the Inverter shows the Power LED flashing, the TxD LED flashing, the TERM LED off(because the switch on this connector is in the "OFF" position. If it is in the "ON" position there is a profibus error), and the ERR LED off. My question is - "Is the PWR LED on the Inverter profibus connector supposed to flash or is it supposed to be on steady?". The machine seems to run okay like this but it doesn't seem right to me.

Also, the "SF" LED on the CPU module is on steady, the "BF" LED is flashing, the "DC5V" LED is on steady, and the "RUN" LED is on steady. Is this normal?

I am also losing programs stored on the "SD" card of the CPU module. Any idea what might be causing this. This is not consistent. It sometimes happens every day when the machine is turned on or it may go for as long as a week before the programs disappear.

It's probably the PLC because the only way you can get the SD card out is to use a very small screwdriver to pry it out. The button that should be able to remove the SD card is stuck in the eject position. It no longer works.