Wonderware Guru's Please

I was going to mention the manuals and help files too. For example, they explain indirect tags quite well. Then, try and use them. Use wonderware. If you cant get the indirect tag to work, show us what you have done and we can help you with it.

FYI, indirect tags are useful for areas with repetition. Lets say you have 5 motors. They are all the same, conveyor 1 - 5. You create a control screen with stop and start buttons. Well, instead of making a screen for each, you make 1 screen. Populate it with indirect tags. Then, when the desired motor control is to be displayed, run a script that assigns the actual motor tags to the indirects, and open the screen. Like this

idDiscreteTag.name = MyDiscreteTag.name;
idStartMotor.name = Motor1Start.name;
show "myMotorWindow";

etc

The id tags are the indirects, the others the actual tags.

matt

Wonderware Developers Network

I found the support section on the wonderware developers network very handy. They have loads of documentation and technotes for all their products.www.wonderware.com Support at right of screen. Log intop Wonderware developers network. This for me is the best source of all wonderware products. They also have a pretty ok forum.Rheinhardt

Last edited:
6 years and still no actual education or training on wonderware.
Still need a tutor of some sort..

7 years.. still no formal training, still struggling....
i can only look at it when i have time.. and with no foundation.. how can anyone grasp this? like right now.. im trying to do a login box, using a username / password.. but how do i set usernames/password, when i use the password wizard it puts the password input wizard box in my window, and i can use the on screen keyboard, but nothing actually types in..

i have script under a button called OK

Code:
if OperatorNameTag == 'user1' and $PasswordEntered == " 1234 " THEN
show "main";
HideSelf
;Endif;

if i remove the $PasswordEntered portion and only use the OperatorNameTag part it works, but adding a password to it, with the wizard it does not take any input, it does not work.

7 years.. still no formal training, still struggling....

Look up at my answer on post 42. That answer still applies...

I don't have WW on this computer, so can't check for sure. But I think $PasswordEntered is a read-only field, showing the password that was entered. It is not a password entry field.

Look in the manual or help files - everything should be there. Like Tom suggests, by far the easiest way of doing it is with the menu-bar login.