Alternating two motors

Clint63

Hi I'm kinda new at PLC programming sorta teaching myself. I need to alternate between two motors run one till satisfied the when it calls again run the other back and forth. Thanks Clint

Many ways to do it. Search the forum using the key word "flip-flop" for some ideas.
A simple method is to increment a counter every time either motor starts. When the value of the counter's accumulator is even start pump A, if odd start pump B. The least significant bit of the accumulator is true for odd numbers, false for even numbers.

The other thing you need to consider is what to do if one pump is not available or doesn't start. There needs to be some alternate method for starting the other pump in an emergency.

Similar Topics

I have 2 motors on a VFD that are alternating on/off when started (HOA switch in auto) after an ESD. When the operator toggles the HOA switch from...
Replies
Views
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have reached my final project in my PLC class with a teacher that doesnt know what hes doing so i have...
Replies
Views
We have a used piece of water filtration equipment. Long story short, 2 motors/pumps that are currently on contactors. Pump1 needs to be sent...
Replies
Views
Hello I have wrote a PLC code to alternate two motors each two hours, i.e. M1 operates for two hours then stops & M2 runs for another two hours...
Replies
Views
I have been using a variable speed drive for every pump for our machines and had the idea of using 1 drive to alternate between 3 pumps, the other...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom