GE Fanuc 90-30 programming software

Tommyd

Hi Guys, I'm looking for someone who might still have software that can open a program from and old 90-30 PLC.
We have just taken on a new customer with an old PLC and no way to modify it.
We are looking to add a new section to the production line so need to either replace the PLC or modify the code.
I have the code on a CD and a good starting point would be a print out of the I/O list.
Can anyone help?

Many thanks
Tommy

Thank you so much.
This has saved me hours of work tracing cables in an old panel.

Kind regards
Tommy

Hi Steve Bailey,
Currently, I have the machine that uses GE 90-30 PLC, this machine was made numerous years ago, and plc programming may be written by old software (ex. Logicmater). In case, I want to upload the PLC programming in GE 90-30 by PME (v7.0), does it have any problem can happens for original plc programming.
Thanks for your support.

When you extract the Logicmaster program from the PLC using Proficy Machine Edition software you will not be able to get to the "Logic Equal" state until you send the program back to the PLC using Proficy Machine Edition. The "Logic Equal" state is required to be able to monitor the state of the logic.
So pay close attention to the "Feedback Zone" in Proficy Machine Edition. It will give you updates about the state of the transfers between the software and the PLC. That is where any warnings and errors are displayed. If, for any reason the process of extracting the program from the PLC fails, the feedback zone is where you will be told of the failure. That information will help prevent you from sending a blank program back to the PLC.

Thanks for your answer.
So your mean, I can upload the programming form a PLC whitch programed by LogicMaster. And then, download this programming into anotherā€™s plc by Proficy machine edition. However, I need to review, check and fix if it has the warning or errors at Feedback zone.
Thank you.

When you connect to a PLC using Proficy machine Edition, in order to monitor the performance of the process controlled by the PLC, you need to be in a state called "Logic Equal". That means the version of the program in the PC running Proficy Machine Edition matches the version of the program in the PLC.
You would normally think that by extracting the program from the PLC into the PC running Proficy Machine Edition (what Proficy Machine Edition calls "uploading") would achieve the "Logic Equal" state. But when the program in the PLC was created by some other programming software than Proficy Machine Edition, that is not the case. In that situation, to get to the "Logic Equal" state you need to send the program you just uploaded from the PLC back to the PLC using Proficy Machine Edition.
My caution to you in my previous post was to watch the feedback zone to make sure the upload from the PLC to the PC is successful before sending the program back to the PLC to achieve the "Logic Equal" state. If the upload was not successful and you blindly sent the program back to the PLC, you could overwrite the program that was successfully controlling the process with the wrong program.