E&H Proline Promass 300 Ethernet/IP - totalizer resets

phuz

Does anyone have any insights on how to use these meters with Ethernet/IP? The values on the input table look fine, but I can't figure out how to reset the totalizers in the code. The manual shows setting a value to the Control_Totalizer_1 word to "32490" will Reset & Stop, but it has no effect.

I tried calling E&H and I don't believe the workers in tech support have any idea how this works. I was sent a word document explaining how to reset the totalizers from the meter's head. šŸ™ƒ

Sorry I'm late

In case anyone is still wondering...
Set the value of <Meter_Name>:O1.Totalizer_1_Control_Totalizer_1 to the desired action listed in the manual. Once set, you need to toggle <Meter_Name>:O1.TIC_Control_1_Activation to run the command.

Thanks for the update. Explanations of Task-based functions are valuable to the 'community'.

I just tried this and it worked.
value of "-32490" in FlowMeter:O1.Totalizer_1_Control_Totalizer_1

As soon as FlowMeter:O1.TIC_Control_1_Activation went high the totalizer cleared but it also stopped the totalizer. You also have to set FlowMeter:O1.Totalizer_1_Control_Totalizer_1 to 0 before sending the same command again.

Another solution is to send "198" - Reset and Add.

The steps would be:
FlowMeter:O1.Totalizer_1_Control_Totalizer_1 = 198
FlowMeter:O1.TIC_Control_1_Activation = 1
(totalizer clears and starts totalizing from 0 instantly)

FlowMeter:O1.TIC_Control_1_Activation = 0
FlowMeter:O1.Totalizer_1_Control_Totalizer_1 = 0
FlowMeter:O1.TIC_Control_1_Activation = 1

FlowMeter:O1.TIC_Control_1_Activation = 0

Or,
After sending "-32490", send "-32226" to start the totalizer back up. This looks to take fewer steps......

Last edited: