Uploading from GE 90 30 ?

StevenB

I have a customer that has a GE 90 30 PLC. I have a copy of GE Proficy ME software. Am I able to upload the current project from the PLC without an existing copy ?

Yes.

Be aware that without an existing copy of the program you will not have any rung comments or variable descriptions. All you will get are ladder logic elements with addresses. For example, you'll see %I0001 associated with a contact instruction but unless you have an accurate wiring diagram you'll have no way of knowing what that input point is wired to.

Edit:
One condition on that "Yes". If it is a very old 90-30 CPU firmware version, you will not be able to extract the program using Proficy Machine Edition software. If the system was originally installed in the early 1990s you could have issues.

Last edited:
If they have been using LogicMaster....maybe that copy of the logic has variable descriptions?
Machine Edition can convert it rather easily.

Here is a quick summary of the steps needed to Import the LM90 program:
1. Make sure that you have access to the LM90 working folder of the PLC program.
2. Start a new project in Proficy ME and make sure that the hardware configuration has the correct CPU in it. Other parts of the config do not matter at this point.
3. Right Click "Target1" and select Import > LogicMaster Folder.
4. Point to the folder in step 1.
5. If this fails, attempt to get first the hardware config then the Logic or just logic and manually build the hardware config. But then you may need some documentation or sleuthing to verify addresses.
Good Luck and have fun with it.
Let us know how it went.