RSLogix 500 Version 10 Crashes when closing

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a Dell Latitude laptop. Every time I close an instance of RSLogix 500 I get a pop-up:

RSLOGIX 500 DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT HAS STOPPED WORKING
VERSION 10.00.00

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: Rs500.exe
Application Version: 10.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 563b0b7a
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace5b9
Exception Offset: 7389cf5e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

It seems to work fine and save files fine, and I usually have multiple instances running which scared me at first because I was unsure if the instance I had working with online edits had crashed or the instance I had just shut down.

You guys can probably help me find the answer quicker than searching the knowledgebase.

Thanks in advance!
Paul

I am running RSLinx Classic Lite version 3.71.00

Last edited:
More info:
It only happens if I have more than one instance open. I just did this without ever opening a file, just two instances of RSLogix 500 opened at the same time. I close one of them and get the error. Closing the other instance did not generate an error. RSLinx is not running when this happens.

I have the same thing happen if I close a window of Internet Explorer with more open.

But in this instance it causes the open windows to reload their pages and they show a warning that 'a problem with this webpage cause IE to close and reload the page'

Have you tried to do a repair of the installation from the control panel > programs and features?

james

No. I have just been clicking "Close the program" each time it happens, although the program appears to already be closed. Now that I know it is not causing any real functional problems, I have not aggressively tried to solve it.

As soon as I am caught up I will drill into it...right after I clean and organize my truck, get a hair cut, finish the tile in my bathroom...all those things I am planning to do as soon as I am caught up...